By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer: "I'd Love to See Mario on Xbox"

I doubt it'll happen any time soon, but it's a fun thought experiment trying to picture what would happen if Nintendo went 3rd party; who would try (and succeed) in getting an exclusive deal with them? Or would they have every game on every platform? I'd much rather have Nintendo games on Nintendo consoles though.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

I would love a Mario Kart on Xbox Live.
That would be awesome.

I still like Nintendos first party games, even though I feel to old for most of them now.
It is just that Nintendo missed so many trends when it comes to technology (HD Gaming, Online Gaming, Digital Distribution, (4k) - BluRay, VR, etc.) so they will never see 3rd party support like Playstation or Xbox.

They act like kickass specs mean no innovation. That is just wrong.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

LOL

Everyone would love to see Mario on their system. Including Apple.

They should have collaborated on Rare Replay.

Around the Network
RavenXtra said:

I'd love to see world peace and cancer cured.

And world hunger and poverty while we're at it.

Well, any console maker would love to have Nintendo IP on their systems.But I would also be happy to have Halo and Uncharted on Nintendo systems.It just wont happen.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

He is right, Nintendo should go full third-party on PS4/Xbox One.
Nintendo can't keep up with the home console competition anymore imo.

I agree with the entire sentiment but it won't happen. Also, I cringed when he said "game(s) industry." He's not European and needs to stop pretending he is.

I don't see the why Nintendo would release Mario on the Xbox only because of Minecraft. The game is on every device.