By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U owners, what year did you buy yours?

I bought mine in...

2012 64 31.53%

2013 51 25.12%

2014 54 26.60%

2015 16 7.88%

2016 18 8.87%

Total:203

Got mine in 2014 just before MK8 dropped. Definitely did not meet all my expectations, but I still don't regret it for a second!

Around the Network

It was a short run but I enjoyed it

Mario 3d world, tropical freeze, pikmin 4, Xenoblade X, fatal frame 5, wooly world, smash, kart, bayonetta, mario maker, splatoon, I also have other 3rd party games

Leadified said:
Winter 2012, I think. Can't believe it's been four years actually.

Same. Well, my sister bought it. Maybe my sister got it at the same store as you!

That was actually like my best christmas ever. I asked for a Wii U or Pokemon White 2, and she got me both. I was (am?) so spoiled...

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Christmas 2015

2015. Got it a bit too late, all things considered

Around the Network

2012! 2 or 3 weeks after it launched!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

curl-6 said:
VGPolyglot said:
June 2015. Right before that E3 direct, basically.

Ouch

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed after that.

StarOcean said:

There are negatives to getting it late? All I can see are positives, namely more games to choose from.

Einsam_Delphin said:
StarOcean said:

There are negatives to getting it late? All I can see are positives, namely more games to choose from.

Yeah if it was anyone other than Nintendo. Pikmin 3 was already off of shelves. Bayo 2 was pretty much gone by then too. Limited runs on games meant that if you didn't get them at launch then they became quite difficult to get. At least physical copies.

Launch pre-order. It was a very fun time.