By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can't Wait For Gamestop To Go Under!

So I go into my local Gamestop the other day to buy a new game - and I brought in my copy of The Division to trade in. When the guy rings me up, I noticed that there was hardly any drop-off in price of the new game. I asked how much the trade in value was for The Division, and the guy tells me $2.15.

$2.15!!!

I cancel the transaction and take The Division to my local retro video game store and get $20 store credit for it, and end up buying the new game I wanted at Best Buy.

I had stopped going to Gamestop years before for similar practices. I had only stopped by this location because I happened to be at that shopping center for other reasons- and was delusional to think that they had somehow changed their ways.

Never again!

Really looking forward to the day this place shutters their windows  for good!

Around the Network

LOLLLLLLL I would rather give it away for free to a friend or workmate or even a stranger than the sell it to that place for $2.15... You can't even get a friggin meal from McDonalds for that lol.

Wow... that is horrible. But in all honesty you can buy it used here for ~20$ and here games are usually uber expensive :|

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

LOL

Thats some serious horrible practice by gamestop.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

The Division is $9.99 new on Amazon at the moment I suggest you buy 100 copies and trade them in.

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
Welcome to the realities of dealing with a middle man. You're never going to get top dollar for your stuff by selling it to someone who is going to re-sell it. They have to make a profit to stay in business. You getting only a fraction of what you paid back is the price you have to pay for convenience. If you want more money back for selling your stuff, sell it directly to people via eBay or some other outlet.

This is true.  That's why they say, don't hate the player, hate the game. 

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

That's a bee-sting to the penis of a trade in. Maybe a wasp sting. I avoided going there for some years, for a variety of reasons, and mostly went to Best Buy and Future Shop. I have been going back to GameStop ( EB Games in Canada ) more again though because it's literally the only place I can buy new Vita games. Got 2 yesterday. lol. I had some idea as to the rip-off of trade ins, but I think it's gotten worse since I traded in the DS Lite, which was the last time I used them for trade ins.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I hope gamestop never goes under. I hope they are still in business. Eventhough we are going digital, they can go retro/ sell gaming accessories. We need workers dang it.

about tuh fiddy...?

I wonder, how do they even keep afloat? Are there so many doofuses out there who sell a game they bought at full price for a double cheeseburger?

Hunting Season is done...

Actually GameStop is going under. Read this.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/04/28/why-gamestop-is-closing-over-120-stores.aspx

With Amazon giving me 20% off new games, even two weeks after they release, its no wonder GameStop is doomed. Here is some more recent GameStop news. https://consumerist.com/2016/08/03/gamestop-acquires-507-new-att-dealer-stores/

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969