do you hate windows 10?

Yes 115 39.52%

No 118 40.55%

Eh 36 12.37%

I'm a mac user. 22 7.56%

Total:291

hp is garbage, you're welcome

Around the Network

Windows is ridiculous. I used that operating system from 1998-2014 and it was like pulling wisdom teeth. So many viruses, lost files, glitches, errors, anti-virus software, blue screens, slowness, chugginess... unless you wanted to constantly do maintenance on the thing, a new PC would slowly just slow down to a crawl, it sucks.

I finally bought a Macbook in 2014 and since then, I haven't had one single issue and haven't had to maintenance it one single time. It's like, I just open the thing and go. It's fast, snappy and stable like the day I bought it.

I'll never leave OSX for another OS again.

I have been using all versions of windows since Win3.11 for Workgroups. The last virus I got was in Windows ME. I have never lost a file, never had to do arduous maintenance other than a manual virus scan before they used run automatically for you. Yes, the occasional BSOD happens, but even when using a MAC I have received the "Beach Ball of Death" just as frequently. The last major driver or compatibility issue I had was was all the way back when I ran Windows 2000. With major being classified as anything more than a driver for a new OS not being available during its first month's release.

During the XP days I did re-install my OS every once in a while because it was both faster and easier than uninstalling the large heap of programs I had installed on it over time that were no longer used.

There is nothing wrong with Windows, except for WinME, Vista, Win8(8.1 was fine). Most of the time the issue is the user or bad hardware. Honestly to use Windows effectively you need to know, at least a little bit, how a computer works and how to use it without being a complete dipshit. Don't install everything that comes your way. Don't click YES to everything. Only download from good sources. Run a virus scan on any EXE or Archive(zip/rar/7zip) file before opening it.

I personally like linux more but I can't play the games I want to play within Linux so I have a Linux server and a Windows gaming box.

Oh and directly at you mr Pay4mojo, if you think that Mac OSX is free from malware you are kidding yourself. The MAC ecosystem is riddled with BotNets, worms, and torjans. The main difference is that malware on a Windows PC is focused on making a quick buck by tricking people into buying crap or ransoming their data whereas the malware on on OSX is usually about creating BotNets and/or getting system access. So even though you may not think you need a firewall and/or anti-virus/malware software, you really do.

True, at that big hacker conference in Vegas, the Macs are always the easiest things to hack, lol. They thrived for the longest time in 'security by obscurity', but that's a thing of the past, not to mention all of the new problems with macOS Sierra. Tim Cook is screwing up Apple and good.

One of my clients got a new MBP to replace his 2014 model, and was surprised by how bad it was. At first, I thought maybe he was doing something wrong. Nope, just a piece of crap. He's on a surface book now and loves it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o&t=585s

Miguel_Zorro said:

I was on Windows 8 before.  I prefer Windows 10 over that.

That's sort of like saying you don't mind having your arms broken because your legs were broken before lol. Windows 8 was awful, 8.1 slightly less so though, just had that Brawl issue, following a Godly MS, people were never going to be happy with it.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
pray4mojo said:

I can tell you aren't a Steam user.

SvennoJ said:

I still regularly close and re-open firefox to clean up memory as it will also grind to a halt over time.

Do you ever use CCleaner?  It is a good program the wipes most things and gets rid of some registry errors.

sethnintendo said:
SvennoJ said:

I still regularly close and re-open firefox to clean up memory as it will also grind to a halt over time.

Do you ever use CCleaner?  It is a good program the wipes most things and gets rid of some registry errors.

Nah, I don't trust any external programs. It's mostly VGChartz + Firefox without addblocker that slowly grinds to a halt. A simple close and re-open (all tabs saved) works wonders. Memory management is apparently an unsolvable problem. Java, Flash, all garbage. (I've got Flash disabled by default, has to ask first to start. That solved the frequent page is not responding crap)
Perhaps there are better browsers yet they all turn to shit sooner or later. I'll stick with the problems I know how to get around :)

Had no real problems. Also HP makes some pretty terrible hardware. My only issue with Win10 is restarting my PC without my permission. I never have my PC off so I have web pages where I need them or went to sleep in the middle of editing a YT video to have it lost on many Wed mornings. That aside Win10 been pretty good to me. I still would rather use Windows ME or Vista before wanting to touch a Mac. Tho I use one on occasion I don't want to.

sethnintendo said:
pray4mojo said:

I can tell you aren't a Steam user.

I am, but only for a few big indie titles.