By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bethesda’s Todd Howard on Switch: “One of the best demos I’ve ever seen”, promises support

Bethesda’s Todd Howard on Switch: “One of the best demos I’ve ever seen”, promises support

In an interview with Glixel, Bethesda Game Studios director and executive producer Todd Howard had plenty of positive things to say about Switch.

Howard was able to get a look at Nintendo’s new system at E3 in June. Whatever was presented, he said that it was “probably the best demo I’ve ever seen.”

Howard also said that Bethesda is “definitely going to be supporting it.” He made note of the fact that this is really the first time the company will be involved with a Nintendo platform since the NES days.

Finally, it was further suggested that The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will be on Switch. That certainly makes sense, as it appeared in Nintendo’s announcement trailer for the console.

Here’s the full transcript of the Switch conversation:

What do you think of the Switch, Nintendo’s newly announced console that is portable but also hooks up to your TV?
I love it. I got to play it. I will tell you – well, maybe that’s an N.D.A. thing. One of the best demos I’ve ever seen. Probably the best demo I’ve ever seen. At E3.

Was it a Nintendo game?
I mean the device itself. I think it’s really smart what they’re doing. We’re definitely going to be supporting it. It’s the first time we’ve done something on Nintendo. If you don’t count the old NES stuff. Home Alone. Or Where’s Waldo?

Can you really bring Skyrim with you on the go?
It’s the same game on the TV and on the other screen.

http://nintendoeverything.com/bethesdas-todd-howard-on-switch-one-of-the-best-demos-ive-ever-seen-promises-support/

Around the Network

They can promise anything but if this system doesn't sell they ain't making games for it. Its simple economics. That being said I really do hope Nintendo knocks it out of the park with the Switch.

So Where's Wally on NES is a Bethesda game. That, is, hilareous.

It sounds like he more or less confirmed Skyrim on Switch, just like everyone's expecting. Techniocally that's not the only interpretation of what he said, but it seems to be the most likely one.

Wonder what games are coming from them.

Around the Network

That's...actually astounding. Bethesda has never been even cordial with Nintendo. Much less Tod Howard or any of the other higher ups implying even the possibility of support. I find this very encouraging.

S.Peelman said:

So Where's Wally on NES is a Bethesda game. That, is, hilareous.

Where's Wally will get a reboot confirmed. It will be an open world sandbox RPG, in which you have to find Wally, the only man in the world capable of saving mankind from the cluches of dark entities popping up from the shadows. It will be a Fallout and TES crossover, and we'll see Wally as both the Dovakihn and the Lone Wanderer.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Well there goes my hope for a Wheres Waldo sequel

I think the most encouraging part of that was him stating twice that it was the best demo he'd ever seen. Hopefully others were impressed by it too.

I'd certainly love a portable Skyrim lol

Now I'm curious about that E3 demo he talks about.

Skyrim is, more or less, a given. But it remains to be seen what version of the game (the original or the remaster) and if they have something more than that.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.