By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Rayman Legends get a Switch port?

Should Rayman Legends get a Switch port?

Of course! 10 24.39%

Maybe 4 9.76%

I don't know 3 7.32%

... no (please explain yourself!) 24 58.54%

Total:41

The leading argument for porting WiiU games to the Switch really has been

"This game hasn't earned the audience it deserves on the WiiU.  Give it another chance on the new Switch platform. When a new audience of people play it, sales will be great."

Very true of course for many of WiiU's best 1st party games - but maybe also for the WiiU's best 3rd party game as well.

With very little doubt, the game that is probably most criminally undersold on the WiiU is Rayman Legends. Even as WiiU's best 2D platformer, it hasn't even sold half the same measure of WiiU's other great 2d platformers. Sure it was ported to 360, PS3, X1, and PS4 also but sales of Rayman Legends as a multi-plat are still only a mixed success. Sales of the game in Japan in particular are inexplicably abysmal.

Rayman Legends is truly a fantastic game - one that not only stands shoulder-to-shoulder with Mario and Donkey Kong Country - but in some ways also stands above those games as perhaps the best 2D platformer in the past decade.

If we're bringing the best WiiU has to offer to Switch, Rayman Legends naturally fits in that same category. Further, reintroducing the title on the Switch ought to help reignite interest in the title on PS4 and Xbox One too.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

I could see an Origins/Legends collection hitting the NS. I would prefer a remake of the first Rayman far more

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Further, we'll likely have several PS4/X1 ports that weren't on WiiU before come to the Switch in it's launch window. Wouldn't Rayman Legends be a better fit for the Nintendo audience than your run-of-the-mill AAA multiplat? (Watch Dogs 2, Battlefield etc..)

Sure, why not? The more the better. It's a great series. I'm really liking Rayman Origins at the moment. Gorgeous game.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Bandorr said:
No. It is on the ps3, ps4, xbox one, xbox 360, pc, wii u, and vita. Surprised it isn't on the 3ds though.

There is no argument to port a 3+ year old game that is on almost every system.

The argument is that it's an incredible game that deserves to be in gaming consciousness. Even after 3 years.

Other late ports we can gloss over. But this game... Rayman Legends is just pure masterclass.

Around the Network

An Origins/Legends pack would be clever, specially if they can push it alongside the Rabbids thing.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I don't think that a port of a 3-year old game that's available on basically ALL platforms would help NS at all or even sell decently when basically anyone who wanted to own the game already has it.

The game is also pretty cheap on other platforms, being under 20 dollars now. I bought it in a sale for 7 or 8 bucks. It's really an impossible sell.

Even a remake is a pretty stupid idea since you can buy both games for less than 40 bucks already and it runs at 1080p @ 60 fps on all consoles (except Vita, of course), so there's not much to remaster here.

No. If you wanted to play it, you did. Sequel, yes. Port, no.

No. At he time of release I loved Rayman Legends and played it for hours every day. But the more I look back at it, I realize the game was actually pretty bad.

Rayman Origins had 10 worlds, all with new unique levels. Rayman Legends had 11 worlds. One of them was just more platform hero levels. Another 5 were remade Origins levels. So thats just 5 new worlds... only half of what Origins had.

Then there was the struggle of playing the game single player. Around half of the new levels required you to use Murfy, so a CPU would take control while you tapped on the screen to guide them. Half the time I found myself using a Wii remote and gamepad at the same time to actually go at my own pace. And since that was half the levels, we are down to about 2 1/2 worlds I actually enjoyed from the new content.

Then there are the timed levels where you need to run through a disjointed version of a past level in a certain amount of time. and they were counted as full levels.

so really, while this game boasts 120 different levels, only around 25 of them are new level that I can still find enjoyable. We dont need this again, we need a new Rayman game that does the job right.

Yerm said:
No. At he time of release I loved Rayman Legends and played it for hours every day. But the more I look back at it, I realize the game was actually pretty bad.

Rayman Origins had 10 worlds, all with new unique levels. Rayman Legends had 11 worlds. One of them was just more platform hero levels. Another 5 were remade Origins levels. So thats just 5 new worlds... only half of what Origins had.

Then there was the struggle of playing the game single player. Around half of the new levels required you to use Murfy, so a CPU would take control while you tapped on the screen to guide them. Half the time I found myself using a Wii remote and gamepad at the same time to actually go at my own pace. And since that was half the levels, we are down to about 2 1/2 worlds I actually enjoyed from the new content.

Then there are the timed levels where you need to run through a disjointed version of a past level in a certain amount of time. and they were counted as full levels.

so really, while this game boasts 120 different levels, only around 25 of them are new level that I can still find enjoyable. We dont need this again, we need a new Rayman game that does the job right.

Interesting. I have both, but have only played Origins. Never knew any of that.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."