By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega of Japan survey results reveal most wanted game revivals

Xxain said:
Fei-Hung said:
We getting Shenmue anyway. I was hoping for Space Harrier since there isn't anything much like it. I'm happy with Panzer Dragoon since its the next closest thing.

A new Streets of Rage would be awesome. They can make it as a downloadable title.

Yu Suzuki already said he was interested in a VR Space Harrier....

No Streets of Rage should have a grand return. A Downloadable would not do it any justice.

I would love a grand SoR but I'm worried they will screw it up. I grew up a huge Sega fanboy. I had the Lambo shaped Sega Master System, Mega Drive, Mega CD, 32X, Saturn, Game Gear, and 2 Dreamcasts (I tried to save Sega buy buying an extra Dreamcast (facepalm). I've seen them wreck Golden Axe, Sonic, Altered Beast on PS2 was good but it released to no marketing etc and was DOA, they relaunched After Burner and it didn't do to well.

I don't want them to try make SoR something it isn't and mess it up. since in curious, how would you like them to build it? would it like Yakuza but more combat focused or something different? 

Around the Network
AZWification said:
Johnw1104 said:

What was that fun one on the Dreamcast where you rollerblade around spreading graffiti? Remember enjoying that one.

Otherwise, Sega needs to find their own version of Retro Studios and give Streets of Rage and Golden Axe another chance.

That's Jet Set Radio, it's number 2 on the list!

Oh cool lol

Would love a new NIGHTS game

There Are Many Paths to Gaming Heaven

Ka-pi96 said:
heh, I haven`t played a single one of them before

Missing out. All the more reason SEGA should bring them back.

AZWification said:

Most hoped revival:
1. Sakura Wars (2457)
2. Jet Set Radio (1485)
3. Virtual On (729)
4. Shenmue (727)
5. Virtua Fighter (581)
6. Panzer Dragoon (538)
7. Shining Force (518)
8. Skies of Arcadia (483)
9. Streets of Rage (437)
10. NiGHTS into dreams... (261)

I'm so happy to see JSR at 2nd place! I've hoping for a new game since at least a decade ago! SoA at 8 is also nice considering the fact that it wasn't even in the survey at first.

Link:  http://mynintendonews.tumblr.com/post/153420467610/sega-survey-results-are-in-and-sakura-wars-is-the

For me if I could have voted would have been.
3. Jet Set Radio (1485)
2. Virtual On (729)

1. Virtua Fighter (581)

Around the Network
Fei-Hung said:
Xxain said:

Yu Suzuki already said he was interested in a VR Space Harrier....

No Streets of Rage should have a grand return. A Downloadable would not do it any justice.

I would love a grand SoR but I'm worried they will screw it up. I grew up a huge Sega fanboy. I had the Lambo shaped Sega Master System, Mega Drive, Mega CD, 32X, Saturn, Game Gear, and 2 Dreamcasts (I tried to save Sega buy buying an extra Dreamcast (facepalm). I've seen them wreck Golden Axe, Sonic, Altered Beast on PS2 was good but it released to no marketing etc and was DOA, they relaunched After Burner and it didn't do to well.

I don't want them to try make SoR something it isn't and mess it up. since in curious, how would you like them to build it? would it like Yakuza but more combat focused or something different? 

No no no. I would like Streets of Rages return to be closer to its roots, BUT I also dont want Sonic 4 (unimaginative, uncreative, by the numbers sequel,).

I at the very least expect a multiplayer off and online beat em up

Yay! #1 Sakura Taisen , #4 Shenmue #7 Shining Force .

But I don't need sequel of JSF. I've already enjoyed another JSF Sunset Overdrive.

Ucouldntbemorewrong said:
AZWification said:

Most hoped revival:
1. Sakura Wars (2457)
2. Jet Set Radio (1485)
3. Virtual On (729)
4. Shenmue (727)
5. Virtua Fighter (581)
6. Panzer Dragoon (538)
7. Shining Force (518)
8. Skies of Arcadia (483)
9. Streets of Rage (437)
10. NiGHTS into dreams... (261)

I'm so happy to see JSR at 2nd place! I've hoping for a new game since at least a decade ago! SoA at 8 is also nice considering the fact that it wasn't even in the survey at first.

Link:  http://mynintendonews.tumblr.com/post/153420467610/sega-survey-results-are-in-and-sakura-wars-is-the

3. Jet Set Radio (1485)
2. Virtual On (729)

1. Virtua Fighter (581)

Virtual On would've been the top spot for me, because we just don't have any games like it anymore.

thismeintiel said:
Darwinianevolution said:
With all this VR craze going around, I'm surprised Sega hasn't thought about a VR Nights into Dreams. This is one of the few games that could really improve itself on VR.

I think Virtual On (obviously) and Panzer Dragoon could be added to that list, too. Only as an option, of course. Wouldn't want VR-less gamers to miss out.

A VR Virtual On would get me to buy my first non-Nintendo system since the Dreamcast.

CaptainExplosion2 said:
Ucouldntbemorewrong said:

3. Jet Set Radio (1485)
2. Virtual On (729)

1. Virtua Fighter (581)

Virtual On would've been the top spot for me, because we just don't have any games like it anymore.

^ Dat. I would love for all of these series to come back and party like it's 1999, but for many of them, we can say we have an SRPG, we can say we have a fighter, we can say we have beat-em-ups. There is nothing like Virtual On anymore.