By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My thoughts on the rumored "Pokemon Stars"

So just to get everyone on the same page, "Pokemon Stars", the rumored 3rd game to Sun and Moon has been recently "leaked" as a future Switch title. Basically its just Sun and Moon on the Switch with HD graphics. So now here is my take on that rumor---

There is no way it will ever happen. Ever.

So lets go through this step by step. this is a supposed "leaked" pokemon title. Remind me of the last time anything pokemon related got leaked. Sure, stuff got datamined, but never leaked (okay we had the concept art from Sun and Moon but that was literally the only time). so the chances of anything pokemon related being leaked is rather slim.

next, the rumor specifically says it will be a launch title for the Switch. there are 2 things wrong with this. First, Sun and Moon jus released and that would mean a 5 month gap between games, which has never happened. We have never seen anything shorter than a year. next, that would mean Gen VII would span across two console generations which has also never happened. they even decided to put Black and White 2 out on the DS over a year after the 3DS was released. it just wouldnt make sense for them.

next, we have the nature of the Switch. its a single screen console. Sun and Moon was designed for 2 screens. end of story.

next, there is the conditions of its supposed release. that being that its a launch title. GameFreak does not operate on the same page as Nintendo. they would not coordinate to have a launch title on the Switch. remeber how B2W2 was released on the DS over a year after the 3DS? well the original Black and white was released on the DS only ONE MONTH before the 3DS. they simply do not coordinate with Nintendo's hardware. they just work with what they have at the time. 

in conclusion, Pokemon Stars is simply not real. when there does come to be a 3rd Gen VII game, it will be on the 3DS and launch on no specific occasion

Around the Network

I would be doubtful if it were not for Eurogamer...

They got a) Ps4 Pro's Specs right, B) Scorpio's Specs right, and C) Switch's is being power by Nvidia and etc right

Idk who their sources are but Jesus Christ, I have not seen a media outlet be this right about anything consistently. So I am going to believe them

I get where you are coming from but Eurogamer's sources may as well be the CEOs at this point

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

The rumor never states that Stars is a launch game.Actually, its not even implied.It just says that it will come to it.Everyone on the tgread was actually discussing that Winter was actually a good time to release it.And as for the dual screen thing, the game interface could be easily redesigned to work on a single screen.I mean, as far as I know, the second screen is mainly just a glorified menu.As for the mini games that uses touchscreen, that will require extra work and adaptation, but for all we know the Seitch could have a feuture that could replace the touchscreen and make it work(the rumored AR pointer).

So yeah, if Stars isnt real, those are not the reasons why.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

For one, you cant say Pokemon never gets leaked then go on to talk about a Pokemon leak that just recently happened.

Secondly, they never said launch title, they said first year title. If you dont know the specifics of the leak than you are not qualified to talk about said leak.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

You can still use the screen with docked games, surely?

Around the Network
celador said:

nope. this is actually something Nintendo has had to clarify multiple times. while the Switch is docked it can not act as a secondary screen, and the Switch will only operate with one screen at any given moment.

Yerm said:
celador said:

nope. this is actually something Nintendo has had to clarify multiple times. while the Switch is docked it can not act as a secondary screen, and the Switch will only operate with one screen at any given moment.

Hadn't realised they had clarified.

Even so, Pokemon started on one screen, so I'm sure they will manage

In my experience there is a small but dedicated part of the Pokemon fanbase that thinks it's blasphemy to put Pokemon on anything that's not a dedicated handheld. You seem like one of those people.

Captain_Yuri said:

I would be doubtful if it were not for Eurogamer...

They got a) Ps4 Pro's Specs right, B) Scorpio's Specs right, and C) Switch's is being power by Nvidia and etc right

Idk who their sources are but Jesus Christ, I have not seen a media outlet be this right about anything consistently. So I am going to believe them

I get where you are coming from but Eurogamer's sources may as well be the CEOs at this point

This! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Keep in mind that the mainline Pokemon games skipped 2015, so they have an extra year to develop for the Switch it if was the case

I have my doubts too, but I wouldn't be surprised either way

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]