By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your most disappointing game ever?

Quite simple question. What is your most disappointing game ever played, and why? Can be a brand new IP or a sequel, that's entirely up to you and your definition of disappointment.

Around the Network

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

It could be the best Adventure Game I ever played, but it turned out to be one of the worst because of some very stupid mistakes.

LA Noire.

I was totally on board. I'm not someone who blames things on "hype" but I bought everything the gaming press was saying. It was going to be revolutionary.

I ended up pre-ordering, which is extremely rare for me with a new IP. Even though I was convinced I would like it, even though I wanted to like it, I found myself frustrated, annoyed, and bored with pretty much every aspect. I traded it in a few days later.

Oh boy, that's a loaded question

I guess it would have to be a game that fell far below expectations, something that seriously hurt a brand.

There are a lot of contenders: Aliens Colonial Marines, Duke Nukem Forever, Resident Evil 6 (apologies, Wright), Fable 3, etc.

I might have to go with Halo 4. It undermined the legacy of what I consider the best all-around shooting series. It brought the worst parts of Call of Duty into Halo, both in multiplayer and single player.

Final Fantasy VII? Starfox 64? ( ugh, that downgrade in audio ). I'm going to go with Just Cause 3 until such time as I can think of anything better. JC2 is still an all time fav. Easy top 10 and probably my favortite game from last gen. Yeah. Just Cause 3. Bleh!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Zelda Skyward sword.
I had such high hopes that it would be the next Windwaker. I could not finish it in the end after picking it back up 3 times before finally trading it in, good riddance. Ugh, so much wrong in one game. There was still stuff to like in the game, yet after expecting so much it was the biggest letdown.

pokoko said:
LA Noire.

Holy heck. I was about to write about my own case, but why bother. This one nails this thread of mine entirely. Probably the biggest disappointment I've ever had, and it's even worse when L.A. Noire had all the signals of it becoming timeless.

BraLoD said:
Pretty sure Dead Rising 4 is the reason behind this thread

Funnily enough, it wasn't. I was just talking with a friend about Devil May Cry 2, and it came to me. You haven't posted yours, by the way!

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Resident Evil 6 (apologies, Wright)

I mean, I did like RE6, but it's not like I defend it or anything when it comes to people disliking it.

Probably StarFox 64 3D. I think that's the only game I regret buying.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Rental? X-Men for NES. Screw LJN forever for that shitstorm.
Purchase? Suikoden 4. What a waste of a property.

Mega Man X 3. Not the worst game in the world, but a huge step down from X1 (I missed out on too). It was one of the first games I bought with my own money, and as I was like 10 at the time, that was a lot of money.