By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Zelda:BotW delay is going to happen, Wii U version will be cancelled.

SegataSanshiro said:
Nintendo updated the Zelda website and shows only the Wii U box art. It's just going to be another TP. I mean Gamecube got nothing first party for over a year and TP was it and still sold nearly 2 million copies so there is at least a couple million BotW sales on Wii U plus Wii U first party sales are overall pretty good.

The difference is that GC have its own exclusive Zelda, Wii have its own exclusive Zelda, TP was just nice addition for both platforms.

When people stop comparing TP and BotW situations?

Around the Network
Boberkun said:
SegataSanshiro said:
Nintendo updated the Zelda website and shows only the Wii U box art. It's just going to be another TP. I mean Gamecube got nothing first party for over a year and TP was it and still sold nearly 2 million copies so there is at least a couple million BotW sales on Wii U plus Wii U first party sales are overall pretty good.

The difference is that GC have its own exclusive Zelda, Wii have its own exclusive Zelda, TP was just nice addition for both platforms.

When people stop comparing TP and BotW situations?

Becuase it's still similar and GCN having  an exclusiev Zelda is irrelvant. TP was originally an exclusive. Also again Nintendo is advertising the Wii U version on their website. What more proof do you need?

curl-6 said:
Barkley said:

But yeah unless Zelda is delayed to Holiday 2017, it'll release on WiiU.

The scary thing is, BotW releasing two years late in holiday 2017 is not that farfetched. Hell, at this point it would not shock me if it gets a delay to fucking 2018. It's Nintendo's The Last Guardian.

2018? Let's not get carried away, guys! I will kick Kimishima's ass if that happens.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Boberkun said:

And don't even start "B-but they promoted it on E3". They promoted the game, but not a Wii U game. 

With the new Footage from the Game Awards where it shows the logo of both Switch and Wii U at the end......... I think the chance of the Wii U version getting cancelled have decreased! 

Even with the Switch revealed, we still see Bill and the other guy from the lets play footage at the Game Awards playing with the Wii U Gamepad. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Is the wiiu version cancelled yet? Lul

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

With the new trailer for Breath of the Wild, the Wii U version will definitely NOT be cancelled at all.