By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Zelda:BotW delay is going to happen, Wii U version will be cancelled.

curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I love how you felt identified by my words even when I wasn't talking about you xD

I'm ok with that, but I also hope that once it is clear that is coming to WiiU that serves you to get rid of some of that pessimism for the next time. And also to Boberkun, he needs it even more than you.

Better yet, I'll do you a deal; if it comes to Wii U, I am not allowed to post anything negative for a month.

Good idea, but that can't be translated into you ignoring VGC for a month!

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
JEMC said:

Nintendo's image would be hurt by a move like this, but I don't think it would be as bad as you think, specially if they do it at the right place and moment. For example: if they announce it during the Switch conference on Jan., it would only be another article/headline that would soon be swallowed by the many other articles (positive or not) about the Switch.

I would notice it and it would still piss me off, but I can't say the same for the majority of people on this site, and even less for the people outside the internet.

It would not go unnoticed by Nintendo's fanbase though, and when you're coming off your worst selling console and handheld (sans virtual boy) its not wise to piss off your loyalist core following.

It wouldn't go unnoticed by Nintendo's fanbase... on the internet.

We represent a small minority of the whole gaming demography and we can't pretend to know how the whole comunity will react based on what people say on the internet.

In any case, I still believe that Nintendo will launch Zelda on Wii U. Sure, there are reasons to move it to Switch as I said, but I don't think they'll do it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Err.... the game is still listed as a WiiU game on its official website.

Actually, pre-orders for the WiiU version are open. And only for WiiU. So, chill out, people. The WiiU version is not going to be cancelled.

http://www.zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/buy-now#

I just realised that if the game comes out in summer there will be no more Wii U shelf spaces in stores. It may get a very limited release on Wii U, especially with the presence of digital.

The WiiU will be stone cold dead in stores by the time this releases. This may not be the final delay either. It does seem at least reasonably probable that the WiiU version is dead. Pre-order availability means nothing, that's been proven countless times in the past with cancelled/delayed games and games that changed platforms.

The architecture of U vs Switch is utterly different as well, so if they never finished the U version completely the way they wanted, they may have shifted all efforts to the Switch version, and are softpedalling the eventual cancellation of the U version altogether.

Come to think of it, it would be outright bizarre to release the U version so long after the system is dead in the water. It would be like Microsoft releasing a major Halo/Forza on OG Xbox in 2006..

Around the Network
t3mporary_126 said:

I have to admit. I'm kind of over Wii U's crappy life span and all this Switch hype is getting to me. If its come to Wii U - great, can wait for Switch to be cheaper but will buy the Switch version too so I can play on the go. If it doesnt come to Wii U, whatever. Gonna buy the switch sooner or later anyway.

Exactly. Let's face it, the Switch is sounding like a Nintendo fan's dream come true at this point. And the Wii U was pretty much only owned by core Nintendo fans. So the way I see it 95%+ of the Wii U base is going to get a Switch because again how can you not as a Nintendo fan? It's just looking too good to pass up. So if it gets cancelled for Wii U I really don't care at this point. I won't be playing it on that system. 

HyrulianScrolls said:
t3mporary_126 said:

I have to admit. I'm kind of over Wii U's crappy life span and all this Switch hype is getting to me. If its come to Wii U - great, can wait for Switch to be cheaper but will buy the Switch version too so I can play on the go. If it doesnt come to Wii U, whatever. Gonna buy the switch sooner or later anyway.

Exactly. Let's face it, the Switch is sounding like a Nintendo fan's dream come true at this point. And the Wii U was pretty much only owned by core Nintendo fans. So the way I see it 95%+ of the Wii U base is going to get a Switch because again how can you not as a Nintendo fan? It's just looking too good to pass up. So if it gets cancelled for Wii U I really don't care at this point. I won't be playing it on that system. 

Well, I guess I'm part of that >5%, because I own a Wii U but I currently have no plans to get a Switch.

But of course, I'm not a Nintendo fan, I just play their games.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I'm not getting the switch... and if they don't release Breath of the Wild on Wii U I'm not getting that either. I'm not alone and I'm sure there is a good margin to be made on a Wii U port of the game.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Target lists June 13th 2017 for the release date on their online listing... Could be nothing but given the strong rumors of a delay, it could very well be true.

JEMC said:

It wouldn't go unnoticed by Nintendo's fanbase... on the internet.

We represent a small minority of the whole gaming demography and we can't pretend to know how the whole comunity will react based on what people say on the internet.

In any case, I still believe that Nintendo will launch Zelda on Wii U. Sure, there are reasons to move it to Switch as I said, but I don't think they'll do it.

Given what we've seen this generation, I wouldn't underestimate the power of bad press. But yeah, we'll see. 60-40 it's cancelled, is my current thinking.

Rogerioandrade said:
Err.... the game is still listed as a WiiU game on its official website.

Actually, pre-orders for the WiiU version are open. And only for WiiU. So, chill out, people. The WiiU version is not going to be cancelled.

http://www.zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/buy-now#

Pretty sure The Last Guardian was officially listed as a PS3 game and had preorders open for that version too.

HyrulianScrolls said:

As a Wii U owner, I'm not planning to get a Switch.

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

Better yet, I'll do you a deal; if it comes to Wii U, I am not allowed to post anything negative for a month.

Good idea, but that can't be translated into you ignoring VGC for a month!

Deal. I will stick around, but make only positive or neutral posts.