By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - ‘Don’t report rape in Dubai,’ tourists warned after ‘gang raped’ British woman arrested and charged

Lafiel said:
yea, "justice" systems in several of the middle eastern countries unfortunately are broken beyond repair and I'd advise anyone and especially women to steer clear of these countries

The problem with middle easterners is the 10-20% horrible people who choose to live in the 7th century. I assure you that most arab's are against this abominable action(along with many others). unfortunately, a small percentage of the population and the laws allows such primitive actions to stay legal.

Really sucks, because I think people stereotype arab's as sheep who all hold the same beliefs. It's always the crazy ones who cause problems for us.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
LadyJasmine said:
All I see here are male guys who have no idea how is it being a women from such countries

-wearing a short dress, your a slut
- you had a few drinks, its open season.
- you were alone with a guy, you had sex you 'whore'
- Oh you got assaulted, its your fault you slut

Pretty sure I can comment since I am:

1) from there

2) been friends with enough women from middle east and parts of Africa to know more

Anyways, I do agree with your statement. while most tend to mainly dislike things such at drinking and whatnot, they express a...more 'liberal' opinion on it compared to the radicals in the middle east and africa. Along with many others, I personally think drinking, partying, and anything else related should be discouraged, but I won't stop anyone from doing it(unless they're my kid or sibling). 

The ACTUAL problem is not these people- the problem is the 10-20+% of people who have crazy, backwards beliefs on how to live. I obviously won't understand you 100%, as I'm a male. however, I think I can empathize with you. I've seen a lot of men with this logic, and it irritates me. unfortunately though, it seems that no matter how much the middle east progresses, we'll always stay stuck with at least 10-20% of people who are nuts. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
Lafiel said:
yea, "justice" systems in several of the middle eastern countries unfortunately are broken beyond repair and I'd advise anyone and especially women to steer clear of these countries

The problem with middle easterners is the 10-20% horrible people who choose to live in the 7th century. I assure you that most arab's are against this abominable action(along with many others). unfortunately, a small percentage of the population and the laws allows such primitive actions to stay legal.

Really sucks, because I think people stereotype arab's as sheep who all hold the same beliefs. It's always the crazy ones who cause problems for us.

I'm aware that a plurality or hopefully, like you said, even a big majority of the citizens of arabic/middle eastern countries are against treating women/any human as "lesser", but in several countries unfortunately the law has been determined by those "crazy ones" and the sane people have yet to gain enough power to overturn that - I'd really like to see that in the (preferably not too distant) future.

It doesn't help the negative image that for example the state of Saudi Arabia afaik is actively funding the spread of a very orthodox (and frankly, in my opinion crazy) interpretation of Islam around the world.

VGPolyglot said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Threats exist and always will, I suggest lowering your odds of being a victim.

This is why I have guns and improve my ability to defend myself. So I can better handle threats and protect people.

But still, your mind defaulted on "the woman shouldn't have gone there" instead of "a woman shouldn't have to worry about getting raped when she goes outside". Also, I'm not sure about the last line, because I'm not against the second amendment.

If I was a woman, I sure as fuck wouldnt want to be in a country known for treating women poorly.

I dont have the poor logic of an idealist so I dont think the way you want. Threats exist, that's our reality. Make some effort to avoid them.

My point is we are allowed to have guns because threats exist.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)