By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eurogamer Leak Nintendo Switch Games Lineup!!!

HyrulianScrolls said:
JEMC said:
Of those 7 known games, 1 is a port (enhanced or not, it's still a port) of a 3DS game, 2 are ports of Wii U games and another one will also be available on Wii U. That leaves us with "only" 3 completely new games.

I hope there have more new projects.

Um what? You do realize how abysmal all launch lineups have been for over a decade now right? We're lucky if any new system comes out with one decent new title. I can't remember the last system to deliver 3 great new exclusive titles on launch. The original Xbox is the most recent one that comes to mind with Halo, Project Gotham Racing, and Dead or Alive 3 all great new launch titles. New Mario, new Pikmin, and new Pokemon at launch would be a major win for Switch. Better than anyone could have hoped for really. Not that I really believe this guy anyways cause of the Mario Rabbids game and Zelda. 

I'm talking about having more games and, specially, more new games.

Wii U launched with lots of games, but since most of them were 1 year old PS360 ports, they didn't do anything for the console. If Switch's launch situation is similar (or even worse as those ported games have already been played by Nintendo fans), Nintendo can face another hard time.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Miyamotoo said:

This are just Nintendo games that are in one or other way spoiled already, not all Switch Nintendo games.

Potentially not all Switch Nintendo games, you don't know. Maybe it is the whole first year!

Of Course there will be more Nintendo games we don't know anything about, even Eurogamer wrote "and more".

Miyamotoo said:
Barkley said:

Potentially not all Switch Nintendo games, you don't know. Maybe it is the whole first year!

Of Course there will be more Nintendo games we don't know anything about, even Eurogamer wrote "and more".

But they didn't give any time frame, this could still be the whole first year lineup! Of Course there will be more Nintendo games, though not necessarily before 2018!

JEMC said:
HyrulianScrolls said:

Um what? You do realize how abysmal all launch lineups have been for over a decade now right? We're lucky if any new system comes out with one decent new title. I can't remember the last system to deliver 3 great new exclusive titles on launch. The original Xbox is the most recent one that comes to mind with Halo, Project Gotham Racing, and Dead or Alive 3 all great new launch titles. New Mario, new Pikmin, and new Pokemon at launch would be a major win for Switch. Better than anyone could have hoped for really. Not that I really believe this guy anyways cause of the Mario Rabbids game and Zelda. 

Wii U launched with lots of games, but since most of them were 1 year old PS360 ports, they didn't do anything for the console. If Switch's launch situation is similar (or even worse as those ported games have already been played by Nintendo fans), Nintendo can face another hard time.

Wii U launch hat lotsa games but actually very weak Nintendo and exclusive games, no system sellers or must have games, also along side weak launch games biggest problem with Wii U was software drought, in 1st year we bascily had periods of 2-3 months without any releases. So not that will Switch will have strong lineup, also it want have software drouths like Wii U.

What really sells Nintendo hardware are great Nintendo games, with 3rd parties Nintendo platform is more appealing but 3rd party games alone dont sell Nintendo console like Nintendo games. With all Switch games we know for now situation is completely different compared to Wii U and I would say incomparible with Wii U,  just new 3D Mario is much stronger than anuthing Wii U had in whole 1st year, I will not even mentione new 3D Zelda or other new games that will ceratanly Swith have. Remasters of biggest, strongest and most popular Wii U games are great thing for every person who didn't had Wii U (for instance just imagine what Splatoon Switch bundle will do in Japan), and we know that only 13m people actualy has WiiU.

If you relly trying to compare new 3DMario, Splatoon, MarioKart, Zelda BotW, SmashBros, Pokemon, Pikmin4, RetroStudios Project, a new IP...with NSMBU, NintendoLand, W101, Pikmin 3 and Zelda WW HD, you relly dont know what are you talking about.

Barkley said:
Miyamotoo said:

But they didn't give any time frame, this could still be the whole first year lineup! Of Course there will be more Nintendo games, though not necessarily before 2018!

There will be more games in any case, and I think they refer to 1st year line up because we already heard about most of this games in one way or another way, (even Eurogemar said that: "Of course, that's in the "and more..." just the stuff that's been revealed so far"), and hardly that they can know at this point Switch 2nd year lineup.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
JEMC said:

Wii U launch lotsa games but actually very weak Nintendo and exclusive games, also along side weak launch games biggest problem with Wii U was software drought, in 1st year we bascily had periods of 2-3 months without any releases. So not that will Switch will have strong lineup, also it want have software drouths like Wii U.

What really sells Nintendo hardware are great Nintendo games, with 3rd parties Nintendo platform is more appealing but 3rd party games alone dont sell Nintendo console like Nintendo games. With all Switch games we know for now situation is completely different and I would say incomparible with Wii U,  just new 3D Mario is much stronger than anuthing Wii U had in whole 1st year, I will not even mentione new 3D Zelda or other new games that will ceratanly Swith have. Remasters of biggest, strongest and most popular Wii U games are great thing for every person who didn't had Wii U (for instance just imagine what will Splatoon Switch bundle will do in Japan), and we know that only 13m people actualy has WiiU.

If you relly trying to compare new 3DMario, Splatoon, MarioKart, Zelda BotW, SmashBros, Pokemon, Pikmin4, RetroStudios Project, a new IP...with NSMBU, NintendoLand, W101, Pikmin 3 and Zelda WW HD, you relly dont know what are you talking about.

Miyamotoo, you should write a bit slower .

I'm just saying that more than half of the currently known/rumored Switch games are ports of games that can be played on other Nintendo consoles. Nintendo will need more than that to sell their new machine.

Also, if Wii U has taught us something is to be careful with what games in Nintendo developing. We all expected a great game from Retro and a new Metroid for Wii U, and we got no Metroid and a new 2D Donkey Kong (that while good, it wasn't exactly what we wanted).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Miyamotoo said:

hardly that they can know at this point Switch 2nd year lineup.

Why not? We knew about Zelda in 2014 and that's a 2017 title.

Barkley said:
Miyamotoo said:

hardly that they can know at this point Switch 2nd year lineup.

Why not? We knew about Zelda in 2014 and that's a 2017 title.

We actually know for new Zelda in 2013. because Nintendo told us, I talking about Eurogamer sources about games Nintendo didn't announced or showed.

JEMC said:
Miyamotoo said:

Wii U launch lotsa games but actually very weak Nintendo and exclusive games, also along side weak launch games biggest problem with Wii U was software drought, in 1st year we bascily had periods of 2-3 months without any releases. So not that will Switch will have strong lineup, also it want have software drouths like Wii U.

What really sells Nintendo hardware are great Nintendo games, with 3rd parties Nintendo platform is more appealing but 3rd party games alone dont sell Nintendo console like Nintendo games. With all Switch games we know for now situation is completely different and I would say incomparible with Wii U,  just new 3D Mario is much stronger than anuthing Wii U had in whole 1st year, I will not even mentione new 3D Zelda or other new games that will ceratanly Swith have. Remasters of biggest, strongest and most popular Wii U games are great thing for every person who didn't had Wii U (for instance just imagine what will Splatoon Switch bundle will do in Japan), and we know that only 13m people actualy has WiiU.

Miyamotoo, you should write a bit slower .

I'm just saying that more than half of the currently known/rumored Switch games are ports of games that can be played on other Nintendo consoles. Nintendo will need more than that to sell their new machine.

Also, if Wii U has taught us something is to be careful with what games in Nintendo developing. We all expected a great game from Retro and a new Metroid for Wii U, and we got no Metroid and a new 2D Donkey Kong (that while good, it wasn't exactly what we wanted).

I would love I could say all in just two rows. :D

Even just those known/rumoured Switch games are more than enuf that Switch sell good and much better than Wii U, because basically they are all heavy hitters and strongest Nintendo IPs and we actually know just how much people actually has Wii U and played all those games. Despite remasters, we are talking about one of strongest Nintendo 1st year lineup ever.

Even 2D DK definitely isn't what people expected from Retro, its still very good game, but another 2D game definitely didn't do nothing for Wii U, so I dont think Nintendo would gave Retro to work on another 2D game, but in any case we can expect good game again.

Even with all that I'm still not interested. I wonder if I can even be considered a Nintendo fan anymore? 2 generations of disappointment has broken me I think.

Jranation said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Yeah I'm thinking I can unload a bunch of my WiiU games at GameStop in January once we know more about the Switch library. No need to own two copies of Splatoon, Smash, Mario Kart, etc. -- especially if the Switch versions are superior.

The key point is playing it on the go. If you want to play it on the go and still havent got bored of the game or like the new features they going to add, then theres a reason for you to own 2 copies. 

Wait, I'm confused. I can play the Switch versions at home AND on the go. And if they have more content, why not ditch the WiiU versions?