By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Laura Kate Dale: Ubisoft Developing Rabbids & Mario Crossover RPG For Switch Launch Day

Worst crossover ever. So the Beyond Good and Evil things seems like total BS and we get this junk instead because that's what we been missing all these years...more Rabbids.

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:
Worst crossover ever. So the Beyond Good and Evil things seems like total BS and we get this junk instead because that's what we been missing all these years...more Rabbids.

If this sells well this could mean a new direction for Nintendo when it comes to third party support, at least in the West. They should lend out their IPs to Western third party studios more often. A big complaint that third party publishers always have is that non-Nintendo games simply don't sell on Nintendo consoles. But if give them some of your IPs to work on that point is mute.

Next Level Games has had great success with games like Punch-Out!, Mario Strikers and Luigi's Mansion (let's ignore the monstrosity that was Metroid Prime: Federation Force). And what to say about Retro Studios with Metroid and Donkey Kong Country.

Now imagine what Western developers like Ubisoft, Activision and Bethesda could do with Nintendo IPs.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Nintendo should not devalue the Mario brand and up-value other brands with such stupid deals.

Alkibiádēs said:
If this sells well this could mean a new direction for Nintendo when it comes to third party support, at least in the West. They should lend out their IPs to Western third party studios more often. A big complaint that third party publishers always have is that non-Nintendo games simply don't sell on Nintendo consoles. But if give them some of your IPs to work on that point is mute.

Next Level Games has had great success with games like Punch-Out!, Mario Strikers and Luigi's Mansion (let's ignore the monstrosity that was Metroid Prime: Federation Force). And what to say about Retro Studios with Metroid and Donkey Kong Country.

Now imagine what Western developers like Ubisoft, Activision and Bethesda could do with Nintendo IPs.

I appreciate the spirit of what you're saying, but the idea of Activision in control of a Nintendo IP fills me with dread

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
It's kind of a downer to see people scoff at the game because of character design.

If the mechanics and gameplay are solid, who cares if there are some weird-looking rabbits?

Normally I feel the same, but... I really hate those rabbits. The game has to be damn good to sell me on it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
It's kind of a downer to see people scoff at the game because of character design.

If the mechanics and gameplay are solid, who cares if there are some weird-looking rabbits?

Normally I feel the same, but... I really hate those rabbits. The game has to be damn good to sell me on it.

Well, purely based on their design I think they look great. I've never played a Rabbid game though, but I doubt they've ever been in an RPG, so I wouldn't worry too much about their previous games if I were you.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
Cloudman said:

Well, purely based on their design I think they look great. I've never played a Rabbid game though, but I doubt they've ever been in an RPG, so I wouldn't worry too much about their previous games if I were you.

Yeah, I'll give it a chance, but those rabbits are pretty dang annoying, especially their screams.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I, unfortunately, have to jump aboard the Rabbids hate train too. I dislike those, they almost single-handely ruined Rayman (Thank God for Origins/Legends), they're annoying and have zero charm for me. The idea of a new Mario RPG is amazing, but this combination is just...just...

This looks like it's going to be a Rabbids crossover with Yoshi and some B-tier Mario characters, so I have no problem with it.