By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo registers trademark for Wave Race in Europe

Ganoncrotch said:
Vodacixi said:
It's incredible the amount of IPs that Nintendo has without active using. Wave Race, the ExciteWhatever series, 1080º Snowboarding, Ice Climber, Punch Out!!, Balloon Fight, F-Zero, Metroid (kind of), Earthbound, Endless Ocean, Hotel Dusk, The Wars Series, Golden Sun and countless others. Man, they really need to bring some of them back in an active way.

The bold were all on the Wii platform, not only that but Excite Trucks and Excite bots were a massive evolution on the original games (Excite Trucks is also one of the only Wii games which allows mp3 playback from sd card during gameplay)

Even the dormant IPs though, they've all been kept alive with appearences in Smash brothers so they're not like other companies when they leave people to rot like poor Blinx and the Brute force team.

I know, but a generation have passed since the Wii and the NDS. And it's a shame that having all this amazing games, they don't make new games. I know. it's almost impossible to use all of them, but they can do a lot better than this.

That said, you're right: at least they show love for all of them in some form or another. Not every developer can say the same about their IPs.

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:
Ganoncrotch said:

The bold were all on the Wii platform, not only that but Excite Trucks and Excite bots were a massive evolution on the original games (Excite Trucks is also one of the only Wii games which allows mp3 playback from sd card during gameplay)

Even the dormant IPs though, they've all been kept alive with appearences in Smash brothers so they're not like other companies when they leave people to rot like poor Blinx and the Brute force team.

I know, but a generation have passed since the Wii and the NDS. And it's a shame that having all this amazing games, they don't make new games. I know. it's almost impossible to use all of them, but they can do a lot better than this.

That said, you're right: at least they show love for all of them in some form or another. Not every developer can say the same about their IPs.

Banjo and Conker are offering tricks for money down a dark alley somewhere near Redmond I hear.

Edit - and yeah... I was even thinking it as I wrote about the Wii titles... like damn that was actually a few years ago now, but endless ocean 2 was at the end of that generation (in eu at least) would love another excite trucks though on the Switch that game was amazing.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I agree with rest, Switch need more diversity of Nintendo IPs compared to past Nintendo platform.

Wave Race at the NS launch would be pretty cool tbh.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Oh, wow, Wave Race 64 was one of my favourite games in the console. A well done Wave Race, with online features, is an insta-buy.