By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump does not want a salary, and the SJWs are going insane. America is bananas.

Tagged games:

Trump does not want a salary.

Attaboy Trump! =) Long live the Don! 111 85.38%

How dare he???? Impeachment now! 17 13.08%

Total:128

that youtuber's face irritates me.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Here is the article Mark Dice talks about:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/donald-trump-salary-george-washington-214458

I asked you to read that article.  Have you? 

And as I asked in my other post, "What did you think about the extremely intellectually dishonest way he completely ignored what that article said about the Washington precedent and acted as if the Politico article was unaware of it?"  That is, he points out that Washington initially said he would refuse the pay but fails to mention that Washington also subsequently accepted Congress's insistence that he take it, for reasons explained in the article.  Instead, Dice acts as if Washington's refusal was something the article was unaware of.  How do you explain this discrepancy? 

I can´t, I agree with Dice, I think the medias is biased against Trump, but maybe I am wrong. I just wish they could give the guy a chance. But, I know I better get used to it, it will be 4 years of this. 

I am just happy you guys have a president that will leave Russia alone, if we can postpone WW3 for 4 years consider me a happy camper. 

I will not make Trump threads agains though, this got out of hand way too fast.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

naruball said:
Snoopy said:

You should be able to deny anyone in my opinion for service as long as you own it. Not that it is right, but part of freedom of speech in my opinion. Which is what a lot of conservatives believe like Ron Paul. Also, a lot of republicans don't like funding services or social programs. Doesn't mean they are going to outlaw abortions. Republicans had many oppurtunties to do this, but they won't do it.

What? Seriously. What?

You do understand these two nouns denote two completely different forms of action, right?

Why do people feel like they can do whatever they want and claim it's freedom of speech?

If anyone owns a private company or a private club they should be able to do what they want with it and not be infringed by the government as long as it stays in their group. South park had a perfect episode where the boy scouts kicked the former scout leader out because he was gay. Eventually the liberal media got upset and try to force the boy scouts to accept the former scout leader. The gay scout leader deny going back as the leader because he didn't want to force the boy scouts to change their beliefs. Because it is their belief and they have the right to run their private organization as they want. As long as your rules stays within your private organization I don't care what they do pretty much. I hate the westboro church with a passion, but they can practice their hate speech all they want.

Of course not. He just wants to fulfil his huge ego.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

naruball said:
CladInShadows said:
It's ironic that the majority of the freaking out seems to be from people freaking out over the so-called "SJW problem" they think the world has.

I know, right? 'member the good old times when we used to treat women like garbage and it was ok? Or people of colour and gays?

Then these evil SJW appeared and they ruined everything.

They are clearly the worst.

"They won't even let us be assholes!  THEY'RE the intolerant ones!"

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Social Justice Warriors at work.

http://www.therebel.media/social_justice_warriors_vandalize_cat_cafe_threaten_owner_because_it_s_located_on_the_site_of_a_pi_ata_store_that_went_out_of_business

Good on them for fighting against sexism and racism and moving the world forward.

These guys represent Left Wing views about as much as Westboro Baptist Church represents Christianity and Right Wing views. And they should be treated with the same level of disdain from both sides of the political spectrum.

WagnerPaiva said:
Final-Fan said:

How do you explain this discrepancy? 

I can´t, I agree with Dice, I think the medias is biased against Trump, but maybe I am wrong. I just wish they could give the guy a chance.

Please just remember always that you can agree with people on some things but not others.  OK, so the media is biased against Trump, does that mean that in this specific case they are saying he's a monster?  Does media bias automatically mean Dice is fair on all his videos?  This guy is not your best friend that will be offended if you disagree with him and then you'll be lonely.  He's just a guy with strong opinions, some of which you agree with. 

And like the guy in my sig said, "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

We should decapitate the cunt for that.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

JWeinCom said:
Norris2k said:

He's overracting. Still, Drumpf will not take a salary, you need a sick bias as a journalist to make a news on the fact that it's bad... not just bad, bad for Democracy. It does not make any sense because JFK already did it, because you can't prevent bribery with just 400.000$ a year when a campain alone is worth hundred of millions of dollars, and when billion dollar worth companies can spend anytime 250.000$ for a single speech. Just talking about Democracy, and founding Fathers, and bribery in this case is already getting crazy. Journalism has really gone low and shameless, and that's one of the reason why Drumpf could win, because a lot of people just can't stand mainstream media, can't trust them, and will see bias and lies in it even if there were none based on such crappy news. I can tell you, I learned English by reading the New York Times every days, and it was a great newspaper IMO. Nowadays I check the website to know what is the trendy bullshit in mainstream media. And that's an important issue, because if they don't do their job, any crazy guy on youtube is good enough.

JFK didn't refuse the salary.  He accepted it and donated it to charity, which is what the article they're quoting suggested Trump should do. 

The article is explaining why the constitution requires him to take a salary, and why he should.  They're not claiming that it is going to be the death of democracy, or evil, or anything like that.  There are examples of the media doing shameless things (including the members of the media who worked on Trump's campaign), but this was not one of them.

You have to think about what matters. Nowadays you can get 250.000$ for a single speech in the next avenue, all president are very wealthy, giving 400.000$ is an archaism. And nowaday accepting a salary and giving it to charity is just creating more debt.

It's not the story of the year, but invoquing the Constitution and founding fathers for such a thing is what undermine the meaning of it. The point of any Constitution is to give fundamental principles the laws will be based on, it's not about making a silly point for a short term political agenda. If Trump really breaks the constitution at some point on something meaningful (could happen, right ?) then what, an article again about the Constitution ?

Norris2k said:
JWeinCom said:

JFK didn't refuse the salary.  He accepted it and donated it to charity, which is what the article they're quoting suggested Drumpf should do. 

The article is explaining why the constitution requires him to take a salary, and why he should.  They're not claiming that it is going to be the death of democracy, or evil, or anything like that.  There are examples of the media doing shameless things (including the members of the media who worked on Drumpf's campaign), but this was not one of them.

You have to think about what matters. Nowadays you can get 250.000$ for a single speech in the next avenue, all president are very wealthy, giving 400.000$ is an archaism. And nowaday accepting a salary and giving it to charity is just creating more debt.

It's not the story of the year, but invoquing the Constitution and founding fathers for such a thing is what undermine the meaning of it. The point of any Constitution is to give fundamental principles the laws will be based on, it's not about making a silly point for a short term political agenda. If Drumpf really breaks the constitution at some point on something meaningful (could happen, right ?) then what, an article again about the Constitution ?

In the next avenue yes, but you're not going to be able to earn that money while you're actually president.  If your argument is that the 400,000 dollars is insignificant to the candidate, then it's even more insignificant in terms of the national debt.

It's not undermining the meaning of it, this is the exact purpose of that part of the constitution. I don't think this is really a big deal, but the response, an article, is perfectly proportional to the action.  If he breaks it in a more  meaningful way, then congress should begin proceedings for impeachment.