By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Splatoon packed with Switch, new 3D Mario and Skyrim on launch, Mario Kart 8 remaster..

Why are people acting like Splatoon Switch is just going to be a straight port of the Wii U version? It states right in the article that it's going to have new game modes, new weapons, and constant free updates. In addition we can tell from the Switch reveal trailer that Splatoon Switch is going to have improved visuals over the Wii U version.

Maybe it's not the Splat2n that people were hoping for, but it's not like they're just copy/pasting the original 2015 game on to the Switch either.

Around the Network
SJReiter said:
Why are people acting like Splatoon Switch is just going to be a straight port of the Wii U version? It states right in the article that it's going to have new game modes, new weapons, and constant free updates. In addition we can tell from the Switch reveal trailer that Splatoon Switch is going to have improved visuals over the Wii U version.

Maybe it's not the Splat2n that people were hoping for, but it's not like they're just copy/pasting the original 2015 game on to the Switch either.

Basically, MK8 and Splatoon look like they will be more MK8.5 and Splatoon 1.5 than just a simple ports.

I think it's pretty obvious that Emily's first year list is not meant to be taken as complete, or include third parties, at that. Saying she was exaggerating because she made a quick, short list off the top of her head is ridiculous. 

She didn't lower her expectations to a single year, she is responding to people that are crazy enough to think the Switch will have an equal or worse first year than the Wii U. 

Wright said:
KLXVER said:

Again why do you assume that I will go months without games? You act like no new games are being released until months after launch.

Wanting to play more but receiving just one game at launch day proves how lackuster it is. It's not that you'll go month without games, it's that the launch lineup is incredibly lame by having only one. You kinda defeat your hypotetical argument wanting to play something that the one specific game, which then again means 50 games + 1 is just better than 1, in both mine and yours case. Told you already, your hypotetical scenario doesn't serve us for naught, because no one wants to play just one game through months.

Ok, you dont make sense anymore. Make up your mind and then come back to me.

KLXVER said:

Heh, I'm the one that makes no sense, but you're the one pointing out that there's someone in this life who prefers having only one new game rather than 50, and failing to provide a proper case for such person. I'd rather not make sense in one point than being nonsensical.

Around the Network

hmm, I choose to skip the bundle with Splatoon.
I will wait to see some other bundle

Wright said:
KLXVER said:

Heh, I'm the one that makes no sense, but you're the one pointing out that there's someone in this life who prefers having only one new game rather than 50, and failing to provide a proper case for such person. I'd rather not make sense in one point than being nonsensical.

I never said I only preferred one game. You on the other hand start off by saying "Its not that you only have to play one game for months" and then end it with saying "Nobody wants to play one game for months". I cant respond to that...

KLXVER said:

I never said I only preferred one game. You on the other hand start off by saying "Its not that you only have to play one game for months" and then end it with saying "Nobody wantsd to play one game for months". I cant respond to that...

All I've been seeing is justifications that the lineup is amazing because it has one new game which is specifically Mario (EDIT: The ones I've replied to, anyway). The only reply you can give me is that it doesn't matter how many games that launch has if you only want one game. Which is fine wanting one game, but apparently having 50 new games to choose for when wanting one game is the devil, and does not make a better launch lineup (I guess? Your hypotetical scenario was never helpful clearing this late point anyway) Which is contradictory, because you, or anyone, is not going to play the same game for months, unless we talk about World of Warcraft, but that's not the one being discussed here.

You only preferring one game means...nothing really. You're trying to justify a lackuster lineup by saying it has one game you're interested, or that you're only interested in one game anyway (which Based Nintendo will only limit you to Mario, since there's nothing else). But apparently having more would be bad because...it's not what you prefer...? But when you're done with that game you preferred you'll...keep playing it I guess? Since there was no need to include more new games in the launch lineup...?

Wright said:
KLXVER said:

I never said I only preferred one game. You on the other hand start off by saying "Its not that you only have to play one game for months" and then end it with saying "Nobody wantsd to play one game for months". I cant respond to that...

All I've been seeing is justifications that the lineup is amazing because it has one new game which is specifically Mario. The only reply you can give me is that it doesn't matter how many games that launch has if you only want one game. Which is fine wanting one game, but apparently having 50 new games to choose for when wanting one game is the devil, and does not make a better launch lineup (I guess? Your hypotetical scenario was never helpful clearing this late point anyway) Which is contradictory, because you, or anyone, is not going to play the same game for months, unless we talk about World of Warcraft, but that's not the one being discussed here.

You only preferring one game means...nothing really. You're trying to justify a lackuster lineup by saying it has one game you're interested, or that you're only interested in one game anyway (which Based Nintendo will only limit you to Mario, since there's nothing else). But apparently having more would be bad because...it's not what you prefer...? But when you're done with that game you preferred you'll...keep playing it I guess? Since there was no need to include more new games in the launch lineup...?

I dont try to justify it having a lackluster launch lineup. You are the one that takes a rumor to mean its shitty and that consoles has to have several games you want to play because it wont get anything for several months after launch. Lots of assuming there for something not confirmed by any means.

KLXVER said:

I dont try to justify it having a lackluster launch lineup. You are the one that takes a rumor to mean its shitty and that consoles has to have several games you want to play because it wont get anything for several months after launch. Lots of assuming there for something not confirmed by any means.

And at which part of these conclussions you missed all the times I said "I'm giving Nintendo the benefit of doubt"...? Or you just went straight to argue and disregarded this?