By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hopes for Pokemon Gen VII

@hershel_layton You're not wrong. BW was made with the intention to cater to the older Pokemon fans. I liked what they were doing, but they were holding back. It's Pokemon, so they also have to keep the younger folk in mind and sell the game obviously. Digimon Story did the "cater to the older audience" better since they can take a risk. It truly satisfied my urge of wanting a mature story.

"In fact, in the case of Black and White, the developers had made a conscious decision to create a pair of games targeted to appeal to older players, in order to prevent them from “graduating” from Pokémon as they grew up."

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

You're wrong IMO. A Shin Megami Tensei game would definitely be somehing more of his taste :P

Just as planned.

Ka-pi96 said:
I`d love a sequel to the Pokemon + Nobunaga spinoff, except this time with Three Kingdoms because Rotk>Nobunaga.

Ooh this please. I skipped the other one coz I dont care for the Sengoku era but would kill for some Three Kingdoms x Pokemon.

Obviously I want Stadium 3 and Snap 2 because SERIOUSLY NINTENDO WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!
But for the main series I want them to make it on Switch and actually use the consoles power. I know its a massive leap for the series but there no reason Pokemon cant become an open world RPG thats fully 3D. Look at stuff like BotW or Xenoblade, Pokemon on Switch can be that. Oh and make a BW level story again, why did you have to peak with BW -_-
Pokemon to me is like that one series that could be so much more but the devs refuse to take a "risk" because what they do already sells.

Rob5VGC said:
Dulfite said:
I want a triple A fully fledged MATURE Pokemon game with a focus on less cartoon graphics and more intense story.

This fulfills the majority of your wish then.

But what device is that on?

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
I want a triple A fully fledged MATURE Pokemon game with a focus on less cartoon graphics and more intense story.

That would flop so hard.

Pokemon x Animal Crossing with larger town

hershel_layton said:
Rob5VGC said:

This fulfills the majority of your wish then.

I think pokemon was close with Black and White. if they

Went full on with the character development, it could've been regarded as a great story. 

Kind of makes you wonder what'd happen if they did that from the beginning. Maybe we'd learn where Red/Ash's father went, or more about the Kanto Gym Leaders.

CaptainExplosion2 said:
Dulfite said:

That would flop so hard.

Are you kidding me? Do you know how many millions of Pokemon fans there are that grew up with them in the 90's that want a less fluffy experience now that we are adults?

Dulfite said:
CaptainExplosion2 said:

That would flop so hard.

Are you kidding me? Do you know how many millions of Pokemon fans there are that grew up with them in the 90's that want a less fluffy experience now that we are adults?

When you look deep into it Pokemon isn't so fluffy. Remember what Team Flare wanted to do with that ancient superweapon?