By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hopes for Pokemon Gen VII

Pokemon sun and Moon are releasing this Friday, all offical information is out there, as well as the entire playable game through leaks. Its time to look past that and start speculating on what else Gen VII might have to offer. So just to get this thread going, heres a list of some things I want to see in Gen VII.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 8: Yeah, in case you werent keeping track we already have 7 Mystery Dungeon games (5 if you dont count double releases and 10 if you count the Japan exclusive WiiWare titles). Red and Blue were great titles, and Time and Darkness basically set the bar for the best story ever told in a pokemon game. Unfortunately the next one we got was Gates to Infinite which had an abysmal story and a lack-luster cast of characters. Luckily Super Mystery Dungeon brought things back up to speed, but admittedly it feels like they tried to combine the stories of every previous title into one game, which wasnt the most satisfying thing to play. I hope for the next one they get back to their roots and make somthing similar to the first 3 games and skip all the unneeded machanics such as the looplets, emeras, and the god awful pokemon paradise. 

Pokemon Ranger 4: Pokemon Ranger had an interesting life cycle. Gen III had one game, and it was nothing special. Then in Gen IV we got a sequel to it that fixed everything wrong with the first game's mechanics and had a much better story. Then, surprisingly, we got another one in Gen IV that was by far the best one in the series. But then that was it, and we havent seen another hint of another one in six years. I dont even have very high expectations for this one, I just want to see it revisited.

Pokemon Rumble 5: After the amzing second title, the developers got together and decided to replace all stages with a single octagonal battlefield. And instead of free codes to unlock new pokemon, we got amiibos, except they werent amiibos... then in the fourth game we got... microtransactions... and mii characters that presented the worst story ever told in a pokemon game. the second game involved fighting an evil cult who planned to steal the lifeforce of the entire world, only for you to realize they needed that lifeforce to stop an evil plague from killing everything. the fourth game revolved around a kid who defended a kingdom of toys?... by fighting off thieves and wizards... with toys. and the previously mentioned microtransactions coupled with time limits on the stages basically made it impossible to play. the first game didnt even have a story and it was better than this. just remake the original with all the new pokemon and i'll take it.

Well, that all the stuff Im hoping for. what about you guys? 

inb4 Pokemon on the Switch

Around the Network

I hope they finally give us a Dark-type Pokemon gym, and maybe most of it's trainers would be bikers and the leader looks like Dennis Hopper. :)

None of these are gonna happen but it'd be cool:

Pokemon Stadium/Colloseum for Switch AND WiiU: Yes. Traditional stadium-like features, not pokken tournament. With the possibility of transferring you sun/moon pokemon and use them in battle.

Pokemon Snap 2 for NSwitch AND WiiU: Cause like... Picture yourself on a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies while taking photos of Pokemon.

Pokemon Eclipse: All the fun of Sun and Moon plus mild, unnoticeable changes.... yay.

What about Pokemon MMO?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I want a triple A fully fledged MATURE Pokemon game with a focus on less cartoon graphics and more intense story.

Around the Network
Platina said:
What about Pokemon MMO?

Haha

I dont actually care about one, but keep on dreaming plats

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Pokken Tournament 2: I would love to see another entry with more fighters and more RPG structure. Imagine one with an overworld to explore on some level? Or what if you could find or buy TMs that you could use with certain Pokémon to customize their movesets to vary their playstyle? And you could have Gyms or other challenges or perhaps small regional tournaments to enter the big one that currently comprises most of the original Pokken's story mode. There's a LOT of potential in the Pokken series.  Could also be a cool place to experiment with more serious stories and such.

Dulfite said:
I want a triple A fully fledged MATURE Pokemon game with a focus on less cartoon graphics and more intense story.

This fulfills the majority of your wish then.

Slarvax said:
Platina said:
What about Pokemon MMO?

Haha

I dont actually care about one, but keep on dreaming plats

I will ;(

But actually, as much as I would like to see a Pokemon MMO, I don't have any expectations that this will ever happen :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Rob5VGC said:
Dulfite said:

This fulfills the majority of your wish then.

I think pokemon was close with Black and White. if they

Went full on with the character development, it could've been regarded as a great story. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.