By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV Metascore Prediction Thread!

Around the Network

Anyone one else lowballing on the basis that the franchise simply doesnt have the same brand power it used too??
Like look at what FFXIII managed despite many calling it the worst game ever, then look at what its superior sequels received.

Around the Network

Let's have fun. 77

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
Let's have fun. 77

Boooo

I was the lowest one before u

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

ktay95 said:
Anyone one else lowballing on the basis that the franchise simply doesnt have the same brand power it used too??
Like look at what FFXIII managed despite many calling it the worst game ever, then look at what its superior sequels received.

I think most do. But don't forget the more recent FF XIV Havensward got 86 (Edit: XIV A Realm Reborn too) And the most recent World of FF got 78 which is great for what it is. Good games don't necessarily need brand power to score high. I think XV has many favourable aspects. Highly unlikely to score below 85 imo.

Conegamer said:
Ugh, it really is a toughie to predict. On the one hand previews have been positive and there seems to be a good buzz around from the most recent demo, but on the other hype levels are through the roof due to the length of time we've been waiting and so the expectation is that much higher.

Would be nice if the latest demo was released in the west to play. As it is though I'll be a bit dull and say 88.

Well I wouldn't call being a "bit dull" an 88. That's a respectable score even if it doesn't break the +90.