By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2016 - Finish Your Lists!!

S.Peelman said:
AZWification said:

Hint for 5: Brought back an old school Nintendo franchise in full force and had excellent reviews.

Kid Icarus Uprising

Nope, mZuzek already tried that answer..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
AZWification said:
S.Peelman said:

Kid Icarus Uprising

Missed that then.

Mmm, then Metroid Prime maybe?

AZWification said:

Hint for 5: Brought back an old school Nintendo franchise in full force and had excellent reviews.
Hint for 4: Payed homage to the franchise's roots when the 2 games before it went in a different direction, a direction which helped the franchise grow.

#4 - Just guessing... Resident Evil: Revelations?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Hint #5 - Due to fans' complaints, the main character in this game, indeed, can crawl.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

mZuzek said:
Slarvax said:

Hint #5 - Due to fans' complaints, the main character in this game, indeed, can crawl.

Zero Mission?

Yup

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Slarvax said:

Yup

Kinda dumb. The fans' complaints didn't come until well after this game was released.

The complaint came from Super Metroid, and Zero Mission released some years later, therefo-

BraLoD said:
mZuzek said:

Yes, I did rank it higher. What's your point?

Watching you say there are games better than it.
Because there are, a lot.

37 to be exact.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Actually named 'Super Mario World 2', but hardly a real successor, 'Yoshi's Island' was the start of the character's own series of platformers. And an excellent start it was. People often seem to complain of a certain baby-noise, but the gameplay is so perfect, that it doesn't even matter to me and my ears have grown deaf to the sound being a nuisance ever since. Though of course, it does still do it's job of making me make mistakes that get me killed perfectly fine.

It wasn't a Mario game, not a Donkey Kong one, nor classic Sonic the Hedgehog; no, 'Yoshi's Island' is the best 2D platformer. It's originality slips through into it's gameplay. The concepts of the game have all been implemented in perfect ways and it should be the textbook example for developers about how to make a 2D game. Level-design, balance in difficulty, control, all terrific. The music is superb and memorably catchy, and last but not least the art direction is one of the best to ever come out of a video game and it still makes this beautiful game look good today. One of the prettiest looking games ever in fact.

I played this game plenty of times when it had come out on Super Nintendo and together with 'The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past' it is most likely my most played game on the system and even of that generation. It is a fairly long game however, so as a kid I never finished it. It wasn't until many years later when I was happy to buy the port to GameBoy Advance, when I finally saw the final boss. And then I wanted to play it again. Which I did.

I'm surprised no-one guessed that.

#3: One of only two main-line games in this old and huge series to not include the series' two most iconic power-ups. At least this one's an original game though.

S.Peelman said:
AZWification said:

Missed that then.

Mmm, then Metroid Prime maybe?

Bingo, you got it right!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---