By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Why are you all deathly afraid of our moderators?

The mods are the best we have ever had, but are you totally happy with their iron grip on the site?

Yes, make it more strict! 6 25.00%

Yes 4 16.67%

No, I kind of feel repressed 6 25.00%

no 1 4.17%

Sort of, but I do not car... 1 4.17%

They never respond with a... 1 4.17%

See results 2 8.33%

Other, post below 1 4.17%

Damn it too late, one of ... 0 0%

There are only like 5 mod... 2 8.33%

Total:24

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
onionberry said:

Not sure why I cannot enter, but it will not let me. Also html and any of the edit functions are not showing up. More broken site.

ahhh ok, ok, I'll read!

Revolution!!!

No. Just, no.

Mods are here to ensure that discussions remain civil. That is their job and if you have to think twice before flaming someone, they are doing their job right. It's not your website, so the people running the website have the right to lay down the rules. Don't like? Don't post. If anything i think they are just too quick to lock threads with potencially volatile content. Boards exist to have discussions in a civilised matter, not to prevent them. So, thats the only point you will get me to "vote" on.

Yeah, I'm not feeling the OP here, I occasionally have been moderated for marginal reasons,
as have productively engaged with moderators to discuss the broader issues at hand.
If the OP wants to play hysterical victim rather than present 2 sides of issue in serious manner, whatevs,
although I must laugh out loud at idea the OPs threads not being mod'd would "save this site".

I will be honest. This is not my first account and the mods know it as I got a PM from I think Miguel is his name but allowing me to post on a leash. My old account eh I was kinda a dick lol. I'm a bit more chill now as it's been a while. Tho the final warning that led to the perma I never felt was just as it was a genuine opinion and it seems a mod just disagreed and banned me but whatever I prob would have gotten banned anyway. For a forum this large it's hard to gauge. You might need to be a little more strict on a forum with as many as this one has. Smaller forums you can loosen a little as it's more personable.
Also every admin is different some may let MODs do their thing and others might be more hands on.

One thing most people do not understand is a forum is not a democracy but a dictatorship and that is not meant in a negative way. It's just a fact the owner calls the shots and what he/she says goes in the very end. They set any rules as detailed/strict or guidelines and more lax as they wish. yes some admins will listen and take things into consideration but still his/her decision. Probably best to let them do their job as they are not paid for this as far as I know on this board and they want to have fun as well. Putting demands and making polls like this not sure if the proper way to go. Every forum has a area to post suggestions I think.

Just my 2 cents.

Around the Network

Man, I know who you're alluding to but if I say so...I'll get banned I say we start over fresh... except for StarOcean!

Ljink96 said:
Man, I know who you're alluding to but if I say so...I'll get banned I say we start over fresh... except for StarOcean!

I thought we were cool ;~;

This site is ok. Much more ok than gamefaq's mod

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Gamefaqs%20Moderator

Take the good with the bad. There is plenty of good.

I agree with some of your points. One of the things I've seen is them stopping threads and acting like there was a clear sign that you could do this or that. They stopped one of my threads yesterday saying there's too much politic threads. Like dude, duh, it's the election.

When you mention lumping all political threads in one like there's only one political subject in the world, that was stupid. You end up with a thread that's like 600 post and discussion is just nowhere. There are a lot of moderators, use them.