By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Pro: Is It A 8.4tf Beast? (NX Gamer)

Actually i don't think it'll even perform like a 4,2tflop machine because of CPU bottleneck so if 4,2tflop won't be reached imagine 8,4...

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
walsufnir said:

Going by this thread, the Scorpio will be a 12tf Beast with more RAM, faster RAM and a better CPU. It won't have the same fidelity.

They can ofcourse if they have exclusive games for xbox one , but too bad it can only achive on optimization and logically xbox dont have any exclusive games anymore all games will be made for direct x12.  

and also logically all games are made to be compatible with old xbox one tho so , it will not that great either LOl

Not sure how to parse the text but are you saying that PC games look bad because of DX12 and Xbox One, too? Sorry, I don't see any logic in your post. And what does it have to do with exclusives?

walsufnir said:
HollyGamer said:

They can ofcourse if they have exclusive games for xbox one , but too bad it can only achive on optimization and logically xbox dont have any exclusive games anymore all games will be made for direct x12.  

and also logically all games are made to be compatible with old xbox one tho so , it will not that great either LOl

Not sure how to parse the text but are you saying that PC games look bad because of DX12 and Xbox One, too? Sorry, I don't see any logic in your post. And what does it have to do with exclusives?

excluisves banefit is optimization, making games for many hardware (PC) will not have any optimization, and according to this video that can only happen on first party and games and also all games that comes to Xbox one are running on direct x12 unlike PS4 that run close to the metal . 

HollyGamer said:
walsufnir said:

excluisves banefit is optimization, making games for many hardware (PC) will not have any optimization, and according to this video that can only happen on first party and games and also all games that comes to Xbox one are running on direct x12 unlike PS4 that run close to the metal . 

Ok, this is just plain wrong.

Of course you can optimize non-exclusive games, of course it can happen to non-first party games, of course Xbox has first party games and of course Xbox features a "close-to-the-metal"-mode, this is btw. exactly why DX12 was even engineered.

walsufnir said:
HollyGamer said:

Of course you can optimize non-exclusive games, of course it can happen to non-first party games, of course Xbox has first party games and of course Xbox features a "close-to-the-metal"-mode, this is btw. exactly why DX12 was even engineered.

yes because direct x12 was made only for xbox one???  NOPE!

Around the Network

No, its just spin to help sell the Pro to those waiting for Scorpio. TF is not the be all and end all for graphics. If Scorpio can halve its floats than they can claim 12 TF or even better drop it to 8bit floats and claim 18 TF. Its the new buzz word for nothing. Especially since they have to sacrifice something to gain something. If it was a native 8.4 TF than ill be impressed. Even 6TF that the Scorpio offers isn't impressive to me.

I guess that's why GT Sport ditched dynamic time of day, 24 hours is bigger than 16, doesn't fit.
This gen is going backwards, scrapping features and bringing back the 16 bit era!

I didn't watch the video yet, do they talk about the more interesting features like improved delta color compression, primitive discard accelerator, work distributor and especially the ID buffer?

HollyGamer said:
walsufnir said:

yes because direct x12 was made only for xbox one???  NOPE!

Eh... And?

walsufnir said:
HollyGamer said:

I am not sure about that. Don't forget Xbone is the base platform. Moreover if they go for native 4K which Microsoft wants to boast. Gfx settings will need to be set to medium. I also believe  specs will help Scorpio much espcially as it is will be 100$ more than PS4P due to cpu,ram and faster gpu. It will also be bigger and probably come with a power brick.

As far as PS4P specs goes. It is good for its price. For 100$ more I think it justifies its price.

exclusive_console said:
walsufnir said:

I am not sure about that. Don't forget Xbone is the base platform. Moreover if they go for native 4K which Microsoft wants to boast. Gfx settings will need to be set to medium. I also believe  specs will help Scorpio much espcially as it is will be 100$ more than PS4P due to cpu,ram and faster gpu. It will also be bigger and probably come with a power brick.

As far as PS4P specs goes. It is good for its price. For 100$ more I think it justifies its price.

What are you not sure about?

And what does the price or the power brick have to do with the API we were arguing about?