By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Pro: Is It A 8.4tf Beast? (NX Gamer)

I get it, this is probably a new video, but how many threads do we really need about this? This has already been discussed very thoroughly, and I doubt the video offers any new insights.

Around the Network

Tagging for later but we already went through this. No.

Zkuq said:
I get it, this is probably a new video, but how many threads do we really need about this? This has already been discussed very thoroughly, and I doubt the video offers any new insights.

There is a reason why some people are not allowed to make threads on certain sites, even get this right removed.

Here there is hardly anything you can do about it, apparently.

Here's the non flash link.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh9KbQDu4Ow

"These are the highest quality pixels that anybody has seen"

Feels like we had this thread already, from you no less. Anyway, sure, hypothetically, it can reach that. But will games actually do it? No, so its rather pointless.

Around the Network

it will be funny if Xbox Scorpio games have the same graphic fidelity with PS4 games despite having 1.8 more teraflop then PS4 pro. I think there is another reason why SONY chose cheaper variant of new radeon chip rather then their top tier chip vega.

walsufnir said:
Zkuq said:

There is a reason why some people are not allowed to make threads on certain sites, even get this right removed.

Here there is hardly anything you can do about it, apparently.

I video does go into more detail and gives examples of the kinds things that FP16 is used for. So that's good.

OT; I think it would be ridiculous to  measure any modern GPU based on its FP16 performance, simply because modern games are pretty much 90% based on fp32 calculations. This however just means that the PS4 pro can either do twice as many fp16 calculations in the time it used to take to do 1 or use up half the number of register calls for FP16 calculations which in turn frees up slots for other FP32 calculations.

And I think that's how this should be looked at, this is about efficiency. 

With regard to things like motion blur, depth of feild, AF, shadow maps....etc, this would mean that they can either be done better or be done faster. 

HollyGamer said:
it will be funny if Xbox Scorpio games have the same graphic fidelity with PS4 games despite having 1.8 more teraflop then PS4 pro. I think there is another reason why SONY chose cheaper variant of new radeon chip rather then their top tier chip vega.

Going by this thread, the Scorpio will be a 12tf Beast with more RAM, faster RAM and a better CPU. It won't have the same fidelity.

This has been posted and debunked so many times....

We had our "secret sauce" though for a while... Fairs fair.

walsufnir said:
HollyGamer said:

Going by this thread, the Scorpio will be a 12tf Beast with more RAM, faster RAM and a better CPU. It won't have the same fidelity.

They can ofcourse if they have exclusive games for xbox one , but too bad it can only achive on optimization and logically xbox dont have any exclusive games anymore all games will be made for direct x12.  

and also logically all games are made to be compatible with old xbox one tho so , it will not that great either LOl