By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: 3D Mario on Switch has more exploration than 3D World and Galaxy

Volterra_90 said:

I can't shake the feeling that scope in a Mario game always result in a less inspired level design. Probably because they focus in more aspects of the game, instead on what make Mario games fun. I mean, SM64 is fun, and it was quite an achievement back in those days, but level design is... worse in every aspect to 3DW, which feels way more varied and fun in the end. 

See personally, I see it the other way around. I mean, take Lethal Lava Land in Mario 64. That level is packed with variety; a sliding tile puzzle over lava, a volcano you can enter which contains its own platforming obstacle course, a giant log you have to roll into position without slipping off of to access a star, a giant bully to fight, a shell you can use to surf across the lava, platforms and rise and submerge in the magma forcing you to hurry between their highest points, just so much variety spread across this wide open playground. 3D World's levels are very basic by comparison.

Around the Network

All future Emily Roger topics will be posted here and only here. Locking.
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=222361&page=1#4