By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: 3D Mario on Switch has more exploration than 3D World and Galaxy

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

One doesn't need nostalgia goggles to find large worlds full of varied challenges more fun than very small levels with very little in them.

You must be a Behesda hardcore fan then. Wait...

Nah, Bethesda games are too buggy to be fun.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Which is the less fun 3D Mario to play nowadays

For you. The rest of the world has spoken. Mario 64 is miles ahead of 3DW. Nintendo already saw the sales and know that 3DW does not have any future. Thankfully.

The rest of the world thinks that avatar is the best movie ever going by its box office. If we speak about sales, then New Super Mario Bros Wii is 3 times better than Mario 64, right? Also 3D Land, which has the 3DWorld concept is on its way to sell as much as M64 

"the world has spoken" lmao

Goodnightmoon said:
Pavolink said:

For you. The rest of the world has spoken. Mario 64 is miles ahead of 3DW. Nintendo already saw the sales and know that 3DW does not have any future. Thankfully.

The rest of the world thinks that avatar is the best movie ever going by its box office. And if we speak about sales, then New Super Mario Bros Wii is 3 times better than Mario 64, right? Also 3D Land, which has he 3DWorld concept, has sold almost the same as M64 lol

3D Land. A handheld game that sold the same amount that the M64 remaster.

3DW on the other hand didn't move a single console and failed as a system seller.

The world has indeed spoken. No future for 3DW has made Nintendo switch back to the real succesful formula: Mario64.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Goodnightmoon said:

The rest of the world thinks that avatar is the best movie ever going by its box office. And if we speak about sales, then New Super Mario Bros Wii is 3 times better than Mario 64, right? Also 3D Land, which has he 3DWorld concept, has sold almost the same as M64 lol

Because it was heavily bundled with the most succesful handheld ever, the thing is 3DLand is selling the same as the original one on the N64, which is also the superior version btw, so your argument about sales go against you.

Goodnightmoon said:
Pavolink said:

Because it was heavily bundled with the most succesful handheld ever, the thing is 3DLand is selling the same as the original one on the N64, which is also the superior version btw, so your argument about sales go against you.

Excuses. And lame ones considering 3D Land has already been bundled. The difference is that M64 is a classic, unlike 3D Land.

And well, let's avoid the comparision with 3D world because I don't want to laugh for decades.

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

A little more exploration than Galaxy, but a little less than Mario 64 I think would be the right balance. Super Mario Sunshine went way too far, when you have too much exploration it's not Mario game anymore.

Mario requires some restriction so you can have tight platforming/enemey engagement.

If you have a Mario game where you are running around for too long or can get lost ... you've done something very, very wrong.

Pavolink said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Excuses. And lame ones considering 3D Land has already been bundled. The difference is that M64 is a classic, unlike 3D Land.

And well, let's avoid the comparision with 3D world because I don't want to laugh for decades.

Mario 64 is a classic yes, one outdated as hell. 

3DWorld is a way better game nowadays, and now you're gonna laugh for decades, but what can I expect from someone that constantly confuses bigger with better.

I dunno, guys. I like Mario64, and I liked the DS version, but I feel like there are much better 3D Marios than it at this point.

Then again I love Sunshine, so take my opinion like you want.

I dont trust Emily, so Ill be taking this with a mountain of salt.Having said that, if its true, it would be awesome.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Goodnightmoon said:
Pavolink said:

Mario 64 is a classic yes, one outdated as hell. 

3DWorld is a way better game nowadays, and now you're gonna laugh for decades, but what can I expect from someone that constantly confuses bigger with better.

3DWorld better than Mario64...

hahahahhaahahhahaahhhahahahahahhaha

hahahahahhahaahhahahahahhahahhahhaa

hahahahahahhahhahahhahahahahhaahhaa

hahhaahhahahahahahahahhahahshhahaha

hahhaahhahahah...

hahahahhahahahahahaha...ahhahhh

hahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahah

hahahahhahahhahahah

Not even in a distant parallel world.