By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is UC4 considered a better game than Rise of the Tomb Raider?

COKTOE said:
d21lewis said:

I thought U1 was tough mostly because the enemies took an ungodly amount of bullets to kill. Plus I sucked at making head shots. This was back in 2008, though. Haven't really played it since then. I'm planning to get the collection soon, though.

UC crushing is always full of bullet-pigs. :) My memory is not clear on whether 1 is worse or not, but it was bad for sure.

Confession.

I never beat it in crushing! I never even tried it. What kind of a man an I!?!

Around the Network

enough said.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
d21lewis said:
COKTOE said:

UC crushing is always full of bullet-pigs. :) My memory is not clear on whether 1 is worse or not, but it was bad for sure.

Confession.

It's ok dude. I skip the hard mode on my fair share of games. I find it it's usually more a chore than fun. I doubt I'll bother with Yakuza 5. You are an honest man. Which makes you good! Better than a miserable little pile of secrets. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Mbolibombo said:
DonFerrari said:

He doesn't, but the mods do. And permalite have advised you twice on first participate on your thread and second to drop this line of conversation. I haven't seem you follow any of them.

I already adressed why I didnt answer my own thread for the day which I did in a polite way, he didnt tell me to drop it just that it was going the wrong way and I obliged, and I have participated it since. Not sure how you missed that.

As for the multiplayer part, while a great addition in it self I am not sure every game need multiplayer just for the sake of it. I enjoy it, but in terms of how it plays I prefer other games with similar multiplayer over it.

Ok, if you think you have take part of the conversation as a whole after the two warnings.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
DonFerrari said:

All 4 games had me on a pinch trying to play on crushing.

Oh yes, I remember those instances. I hate when they bob and weave when you have a perfect headshot lined up and then bury you in bullets. Tomb Raider tried to copy the armored guard and it didnt work out as well. ROTR was a bit better with less of the same NPC's running up to you. Tomb Raider has superior puzzles, but everything from weapon handling and actual gameplay have to go to Uncharted for me. Tomb Raider was just way too easy.

The worst parts is like on 4, where they will toss grenades in sequence and won't leave you a single covering spot, and while you have to run from one to another you will either find those armored guys or some laser pointing to you that leaves you spare seconds to try and kill the normal guys and clear the level a little (besides on some sequences you getting out of bullets unless you move closer to danger).

COKTOE said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Oh yes, I remember those instances. I hate when they bob and weave when you have a perfect headshot lined up and then bury you in bullets. Tomb Raider tried to copy the armored guard and it didnt work out as well. ROTR was a bit better with less of the same NPC's running up to you. Tomb Raider has superior puzzles, but everything from weapon handling and actual gameplay have to go to Uncharted for me. Tomb Raider was just way too easy.

Did you find a specific UC to be more difficult on crushing? I kinda think UC1 was the toughest. 2 had that awful, AWFUL final boss battle though. Full red alert VGChartz question.

I would say first as a whole was harder, but probably because of their gameplay not being improved yet, but on 4 I had more "impossible" areas to finish, like 3 or 4 very hard... start of chapter 21 (if i'm not wrong) is totally impossible if you die and try from the autosave (where you are close to Sam and needs to climb down to pass inside a ship), but if you put it to reload it gets a lot easier (more bullets and two enemies you can kill with stealth plus fast meelee). Around chapter 15-17 on the tunnels when you get 3 waves, the boobytraps that explode and is very luck based to avoid all of them in one section, and the last boss fight without slowtime cheat, I had to really react very fast).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I would say that the RotTR plot is a bit weaker and it suffers from a kinda disappointing ending. UC4 has a more consistent plot. UC4 also benefits from better visuals and more "OMG" moments, it just surprises you much more. UC4 gun-fighting is also too good. Also, the MP helps a bit since it gives the game more longevity.

I wouldn't see it as unfair to RotTR. Both are great games, people just seem to think UC4 is a bit better. Both have good metas, so it isn't like one of them is getting screwed.

Doom is f**** great. Satisfying. Loved it, really.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
COKTOE said:

Confession.

Me neither, it was difficult enough on Normal for me. I don't usually like awfully hard experiences in gaming, except for the Dark Souls franchise,. Which, kill me, would beneffit itself with an easy mode, but that's a story for another thread xD.

Volterra_90 said:
d21lewis said:

Confession.

Me neither, it was difficult enough on Normal for me. I don't usually like awfully hard experiences in gaming, except for the Dark Souls franchise,. Which, kill me, would beneffit itself with an easy mode, but that's a story for another thread xD.

Making an easy mode on dark souls is blasphemy. It's not for gamers who cannot handle hard difficulties or higher. Its supposed to test your willpower

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Volterra_90 said:

Making an easy mode on dark souls is blasphemy. It's not for gamers who cannot handle hard difficulties or higher. Its supposed to test your willpower

Yep, what if a person has less skills? A easy mode could be as hard as normal mode for a DS gamer. And it's a choice, it doesn't harm anyone.

Uncharted 4 is the game of the generation. TR is just unlucky it got pitted up against that. Personally I don't mind it's not as good. As a PS4 owner I get to play both, and if I choose the ps4 pro version too.

Kerotan said:
Uncharted 4 is the game of the generation.

That's a big label. How do you reason?