By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Calling gaming related things by the wrong name.

Ka-pi96 said:
hunter_alien said:
I Always pronounced ID games as I.D. Games, like you personal I.D.

That`s wrong? :O

the company logo and such alike is 'id Software' the i and the d are both lowercase, it's a word. id.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

In the Super Mario universe, the monkeys are called Ukikis I think, but as a kid, that word looked weird, so I just called them "Ulkys."

In Mario Party 6, there was a mini game where you had to say what the name of the silhouette was using the microphone, and I would shout "Ulky" and when I was told that was wrong, I got ridiculously mad, cause I could never pronounce it right.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Not exactly the wrong name and not something you can entirely understand (well, a few of you can), but I have a continuous debate with my girlfriend about how to pronounce certain names, such as Spyro. Obviously I know how to pronounce it, but I still like to pronounce it how it would read in my language (i.e. how it actually reads), while my girlfriend wants to pronounce it properly (which is a bit odd, considering her English skills).

Boombas instead of goombas. Also, I have been playing Mario games all my life, and I don't know what is a paratroopa, a koopaling, et.

Ka-pi96 said:
Zkuq said:
Not exactly the wrong name and not something you can entirely understand (well, a few of you can), but I have a continuous debate with my girlfriend about how to pronounce certain names, such as Spyro. Obviously I know how to pronounce it, but I still like to pronounce it how it would read in my language (i.e. how it actually reads), while my girlfriend wants to pronounce it properly (which is a bit odd, considering her English skills).

There`s more than one way to pronounce Spyro?

I can only think of spy-row, what else is there?

You could pronounce the same as Spearow if you wanted!!!

Around the Network
Barkley said:
hunter_alien said:

Waaah? people actaully say ID games... like kid without the K??? Ewwwww.....

I call it I.D too. It's better.

I agree

But I listened to an interview with Romero some time ago, and thats how he called it :( Ruined the coolnes a bit

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Ka-pi96 said:
hunter_alien said:

That`s wrong? :O

Yupp... They went with id, like your primordial instincts :( I guess thats partially to blame for the sucky multiplayer of RAGE

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Barkley said:
hunter_alien said:

Waaah? people actaully say ID games... like kid without the K??? Ewwwww.....

I call it I.D too. It's better.

I called them I.D. for like a decade or more and still do to myself. In the prescence of other humans, I try to call them ID, but it's tough. Solidarity!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

A new one that was pretty common for a while is Xbox Scorpion. Not one of mine but I saw a lot of people spelling it that way for a bit.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I pronounce Forza as Four Tza. It's the correct pronunciation in some languages actually but most English speaking friends who play, if not all.. Pronounce it Forza.

I also say Nentendo instead of Nintendo. I'M SORRY!