By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft Developing An Unannounced Title For Nintendo Switch That Will "Surprise" Us!

onionberry said:
KLXVER said:

Bet that BG&E2 wont be a Switch exclusive?

BG&E2 will be exclusive, Nintendo is helping with the cost, if not all the cost. That's my prediction, which is based on rumors of course.

Since I do not know much about BG&E can you please post a link to the rumours?

Around the Network
awesomeabe1998 said:
onionberry said:

BG&E2 will be exclusive, Nintendo is helping with the cost, if not all the cost. That's my prediction, which is based on rumors of course.

https://www.destructoid.com/rumor-nintendo-funding-beyond-good-and-evil-sequel-346059.phtml

all the stuff that she said about the NX/Switch is true.

onionberry said:
KLXVER said:

Bet that BG&E2 wont be a Switch exclusive?

Nintendo paying for a sequel to a huge AAA game where the first one bombed hard? That would cost them more than games like Zelda: BOTW. I just dont see that happening.

onionberry said:
awesomeabe1998 said:

https://www.destructoid.com/rumor-nintendo-funding-beyond-good-and-evil-sequel-346059.phtml

all the stuff that she said about the NX/Switch is true.

WOW I may actually have to take a look at this game.

KLXVER said:
onionberry said:

Nintendo paying for a sequel to a huge AAA game where the first one bombed hard? That would cost them more than games like Zelda: BOTW. I just dont see that happening.

Nintendo has money, much more money than Ubisoft, 50-60 million for a game that most likely is going to be awesome? why not? People are going to talk about the game and about the swtich. Michel Ancel is being mysterious with the game, just like ubisoft, but why? because they can't show the game just yet. And so happen that we have info about the development of the game after the rumors.

btw Nintendo EAD has been developing BOTW for 5 years, two versions of the game for wii u and switch, by the biggest Nintendo team ever, does that sounds like something cheap? I know that the graphics are not impressive, but the development cost of a game is more than pretty graphics.

Around the Network
onionberry said:
KLXVER said:

Nintendo has money, much more money than Ubisoft, 50-60 million for a game that most likely is going to be awesome? why not? People are going to talk about the game and about the swtich. Michael Ancel is being mysterious with the game, just like ubisoft, but why? because they can't show the game just yet. And so happen that we have info about the development of the game after the rumors.

btw Nintendo EAD has been developing BOTW for 5 years, two versions of the game for wii u and switch, by the biggest Nintendo team ever, does that sounds like something cheap? I know that the graphics are not impressive, but the development cost of a game is more than pretty graphics.

Zelda: BOTW is a Nintendo made game that only needs to sell 2M to be considered successful. Western studios work in different ways. Games like Tomb Raider needed 5M to break even. Big AAA games are expensive. Unless BG&E2 will be a completely different game from the first one ofcourse.

onionberry said:
KLXVER said:

That wont be an exclusive...not for long anyway.

wanna bet?

I can take that bet and say that it will be at most timed-exclusive.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

KLXVER said:
onionberry said:

Nintendo has money, much more money than Ubisoft, 50-60 million for a game that most likely is going to be awesome? why not? People are going to talk about the game and about the swtich. Michael Ancel is being mysterious with the game, just like ubisoft, but why? because they can't show the game just yet. And so happen that we have info about the development of the game after the rumors.

Zelda: BOTW is a Nintendo made game that only needs to sell 2M to be considered successful. Western studios work in different ways. Games like Tomb Raider needed 5M to break even. Big AAA games are expensive. Unless BG&E2 will be a completely different game from the first one ofcourse.

This is coming from someone who has not played the first game nor knows much about the game but I saw a review of it. It looks a little bit like a Zelda game, and has similar aspects. I do not think it will sell much just because of that element TBH. Nintendo do not need games similar to the ones they already make. If they turned BG&E 2 into more of an action game with a more realistic approach, it may sell better even though some aspects may be different.

KLXVER said:
onionberry said:

I think you have that info wrong dear,  after 2m the game is profitable so 2m is to pay for the development cost, so to make money they need a lot more than 2m, which is going to be easy for this zelda. But why? not because the games are cheaply made, but because their biggest team just have 200 developers, while games like tomb raider and assassin's creed have a lot more developers, sometimes even 1000 developers because they are making the games for  3 platforms and a shorter period of time, not 5 years. Exclusive games don't need that quantity of developers.

awesomeabe1998 said:
KLXVER said:

This is coming from someone who has not played the first game nor knows much about the game but I saw a review of it. It looks a little bit like a Zelda game, and has similar aspects. I do not think it will sell much just because of that element TBH. Nintendo do not need games similar to the ones they already make. If they turned BG&E 2 into more of an action game with a more realistic approach, it may sell better even though some aspects may be different.

Its similar for sure.

I think if Nintendo has paid for a game it might be a new Rayman Origins/Legends. They saw how hyped fans were for that game and how disappointed they were when it got delayed. Its also not an expensive game to make.