By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft Developing An Unannounced Title For Nintendo Switch That Will "Surprise" Us!

awesomeabe1998 said:
KLXVER said:

Zelda: BOTW is a Nintendo made game that only needs to sell 2M to be considered successful. Western studios work in different ways. Games like Tomb Raider needed 5M to break even. Big AAA games are expensive. Unless BG&E2 will be a completely different game from the first one ofcourse.

This is coming from someone who has not played the first game nor knows much about the game but I saw a review of it. It looks a little bit like a Zelda game, and has similar aspects. I do not think it will sell much just because of that element TBH. Nintendo do not need games similar to the ones they already make. If they turned BG&E 2 into more of an action game with a more realistic approach, it may sell better even though some aspects may be different.

It's going to be a modern game and very different, bg&e is too outdated to make another game with the same formula.

Around the Network
onionberry said:
KLXVER said:

Zelda: BOTW is a Nintendo made game that only needs to sell 2M to be considered successful. Western studios work in different ways. Games like Tomb Raider needed 5M to break even. Big AAA games are expensive. Unless BG&E2 will be a completely different game from the first one ofcourse.

I think you have that info wrong dear,  after 2m the game is profitable so 2m is to pay for the development cost, so to make money they need a lot more than 2m, which is going to be easy for this zelda. But why? not because the games are cheaply made, but because their biggest team just have 200 developers, while games like tomb raider and assassin's creed have a lot more developers, sometimes even 1000 developers because they are making the games for  3 platforms and a shorter period of time, not 5 years. Exclusive games don't need that quantity of developers.

So you are saying that Ubisoft has been working on BG&E2 for like 4 years for the Switch? or that it wont come out until like 2020?

KLXVER said:
awesomeabe1998 said:

This is coming from someone who has not played the first game nor knows much about the game but I saw a review of it. It looks a little bit like a Zelda game, and has similar aspects. I do not think it will sell much just because of that element TBH. Nintendo do not need games similar to the ones they already make. If they turned BG&E 2 into more of an action game with a more realistic approach, it may sell better even though some aspects may be different.

Its similar for sure.

I think if Nintendo has paid for a game it might be a new Rayman Origins/Legends. They saw how hyped fans were for that game and how disappointed they were when it got delayed. Its also not an expensive game to make.

I caan see this but I also can't. If Ubisoft learned anything from the Wii U, its that platformers sell best on Nintendo consoles. I feel like Rayman would already be coming to the Switch, and there is a chance Ubi will even make it a timed exclsuive just to get people to buy it on the Switch. Nintendo will basically be paying for something already confirmed, so they should invest in a different IP.

onionberry said:
awesomeabe1998 said:

It's going to be a modern game and very different, bg&e is too outdated to make another game with the same formula.

I hope to see it look more like an action game, less cartoony and more of a hack and slash with puzzle elements. Similar to the style of Hyrule Warriors, but implimenting some tactical gameplay. Sort of like Warframe.

KLXVER said:
onionberry said:

I think you have that info wrong dear,  after 2m the game is profitable so 2m is to pay for the development cost, so to make money they need a lot more than 2m, which is going to be easy for this zelda. But why? not because the games are cheaply made, but because their biggest team just have 200 developers, while games like tomb raider and assassin's creed have a lot more developers, sometimes even 1000 developers because they are making the games for  3 platforms and a shorter period of time, not 5 years. Exclusive games don't need that quantity of developers.

So you are saying that Ubisoft has been working on BG&E2 for like 4 years for the Switch? or that it wont come out until like 2020?

nope, the rumor says 2018. Right now the game has been in development hell for 8 years more or less, why? all i can think is money. Ubisoft not willing to fund the entire thing because the game is not going to be a cheap rayman game and the IP is not famous enough, so maybe Nintendo is funding the entire thing, or they are helping. Of course this is not a fact, this is me believing the rumors because the source is reliable and trying to be hopeful. Anyway, exclusive enough I can't wait.

Around the Network
awesomeabe1998 said:
onionberry said:

I hope to see it look more like an action game, less cartoony and more of a hack and slash with puzzle elements. Similar to the style of Hyrule Warriors, but implimenting some tactical gameplay. Sort of like Warframe.

That would just create a lot of hate for both Nintendo and Ubisoft. Some people have wanted a sequel for years. Turning it into something else would piss people off. I sure as hell wouldnt buy it if they turned it into some action game.

awesomeabe1998 said:
onionberry said:

I think it's going to be more like assassin's creed but with a different structure.

onionberry said:
KLXVER said:

nope, the rumor says 2018. Right now the game has been in development hell for 8 years more or less, why? all i can think is money. Ubisoft not willing to fund the entire thing because the game is not going to be a cheap rayman game and the IP is not famous enough, so maybe Nintendo is funding the entire thing, or they are helping. Of course this is not a fact, this is me believing the rumors because the source is reliable and trying to be hopeful. Anyway, exclusive enough I can't wait.

Fair enough. I just dont think it would be a smart move. The franchise is not strong enough to sell consoles.

KLXVER said:
awesomeabe1998 said:

That would just create a lot of hate for both Nintendo and Ubisoft. Some people have wanted a sequel for years. Turning it into something else would piss people off. I sure as hell wouldnt buy it if they turned it into some action game.

Oh of course I understand that, but I am saying that this may increase sales of both the Switch and the game. It adds another "adult" game to the Switch and it brings back some fans.

awesomeabe1998 said:
KLXVER said:

Oh of course I understand that, but I am saying that this may increase sales of both the Switch and the game. It adds another "adult" game to the Switch and it brings back some fans.

They need a steady flow of games for adults to win anyone back. Just like Bayonetta 2 didnt win back anyone.