By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Hillary Clinton´s House of Cards falling: Let´s laugh about this mess: Dennis Miller time =)

Tagged games:

Dennis Miller?

He is fun! 3 100.00%

I don´t get it... 0 0%

Total:3

I doubt it will happen... but I'd almost like to see Trump win just to see what he does in office, would be comedy in ways.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
StuOhQ said:
LivingMetal said:

There's actually a fairly strong consensus amongst our intelligence agencies that Russia was involved in the leak of Clinton's emails. Not voicing support for either candidate here, just relaying information. 

Leaking info and the factuality of the info itself are two separate issues.

Chris Hu said:
Dennis Miller never was funny but neither are any conservatives, right wingers, and Christian conservatives. It is funny how bad most Christian based entertainment is though.

It is not surprising Chris, imagine how you would feel watching  a Islamic based movie, or any movie with a deep connection to a certain faith. 

You would probably not enjoy it.

To us, born again christians, movies like GOD IS NOT DEAD 1-2, A MATTER OF FAITH, RISEN, AMAZING LOVE or SPELLED: NO INTELIGENCE ALOWED move us and touch us because the message sound real and it talks about the things we go through everyday.

Christianity is about a love relationship with God, not only surrender and obeying, but having a deep and solid feeling of love and gratitude to the God we believe in, so, no wonder we enjoy hearing about it and representations of what the Bible tells us.

I get it that it makes no sense and it can even offend a unbeliever, but, make no mistake, I never knew a born again christian that did not cried tears of joy during God is Not dead or Risen. It is about our lives.

It is funny to love someone that you never really saw, and I get it that it sounds insane to unbelievers, but when we see a christian movie like those I mentioned, specially RISEN, our hearts kinda burn.

Sure, it is just religious stuff, it is not proof of nothing, but this is how we feel.

But sure, it is not good entertainment like a AVENGERS movie or something, it is totally different. And it should not be as a Marvel movie, it is what it suppose to be.

I am sure muslins love movies about their faith, buddhists about theirs and so on...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
Chris Hu said:
Dennis Miller never was funny but neither are any conservatives, right wingers, and Christian conservatives. It is funny how bad most Christian based entertainment is though.

It is not surprising Chris, imagine how you would feel watching  a Islamic based movie, or any movie with a deep connection to a certain faith. 

You would probably not enjoy it.

To us, born again christians, movies like GOD IS NOT DEAD 1-2, A MATTER OF FAITH, RISEN, AMAZING LOVE or SPELLED: NO INTELIGENCE ALOWED move us and touch us because the message sound real and it talks about the things we go through everyday.

Christianity is about a love relationship with God, not only surrender and obeying, but having a deep and solid feeling of love and gratitude to the God we believe in, so, no wonder we enjoy hearing about it and representations of what the Bible tells us.

I get it that it makes no sense and it can even offend a unbeliever, but, make no mistake, I never knew a born again christian that did not cried tears of joy during God is Not dead or Risen. It is about our lives.

It is funny to love someone that you never really saw, and I get it that it sounds insane to unbelievers, but when we see a christian movie like those I mentioned, specially RISEN, our hearts kinda burn.

Sure, it is just religious stuff, it is not proof of nothing, but this is how we feel.

But sure, it is not good entertainment like a AVENGERS movie or something, it is totally different. And it should not be as a Marvel movie, it is what it suppose to be.

I am sure muslins love movies about their faith, buddhists about theirs and so on...

Actually, Luther was a pretty good one.  There's also Price of Egypt which I was told was very accurate and very entertaining.

No worries the NSA keep on watching even if everthing is collapsing.

Around the Network

God's Not Dead (metascore 14) is terrible and God's Not Dead 2 (metascore 22) is almost as bad.  Even if still where a Christian I wouldn't watch or recoment either one of those turds.  Ironically one of the best religious movies of all times The Gospel According to St. Matthew (Il Vangelo Secondo Matteo) from 1964 (7.9/10 imdb, 94% fresh Rotten Tomatoes) was directed by a gay, athetist.

Chris Hu said:

God's Not Dead (metascore 14) is terrible and God's Not Dead 2 (metascore 22) is almost as bad.  Even if still where a Christian I wouldn't watch or recoment either one of those turds.  Ironically one of the best religious movies of all times The Gospel According to St. Matthew (Il Vangelo Secondo Matteo) from 1964 (7.9/10 imdb, 94% fresh Rotten Tomatoes) was directed by a gay, athetist.

I love them both (God is not dead 1-2), the story, the ideas, the soundtrack, everything.

It sounds very real to me and most of the stuff in both movies I experienced in some level. To me they are amazing movies =)

The best christian movies to us born again are those that somehow make us feel God´s presence and love. It is hard to understand, but mostly is a very diferent experience than enjoying a cinematic masterpiece like Godfather or a fun movie like Deadpool. It is more like a religious experience in a way, reafirms and reminds us of what we are about.

I agree with you that such movies hold no interest for unbelievers. Most of times are very humble movies, like A matter of Faith, it is fun for us because it is about things we live everyday.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
Chris Hu said:

I love them both (God is not dead 1-2), the story, the ideas, the soundtrack, everything.

It sounds very real to me and most of the stuff in both movies I experienced in some level. To me they are amazing movies =)

The best christian movies to us born again are those that somehow make us feel God´s presence and love. It is hard to understand, but mostly is a very diferent experience than enjoying a cinematic masterpiece like Godfather or a fun movie like Deadpool. It is more like a religious experience in a way, reafirms and reminds us of what we are about.

I agree with you that such movies hold no interest for unbelievers. Most of times are very humble movies, like A matter of Faith, it is fun for us because it is about things we live everyday.

Most believers also think that both of those films are pure garbage hence the low review scores.

Chris Hu said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Most believers also think that both of those films are pure garbage hence the low review scores.

I doubt many born again christians are movie reviewers =)

All my christian friends. from many countries, love them.

AbbathTheGrim said:

Chris Hu said:

It is funny how bad most Christian based entertainment is though.

What are you talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk23atjqtMQ

Wow, the trailer had me at more scripture. <3