By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Ryng_Tolu said:
WebMasterFlex said:
Meanwhile in France

What link are you looking at?

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=sv_vg_0/ref=sv_vg_0

Got links for yearly 2016 for UK/France/Germany?

Also spain :o

Around the Network

3Ds ahead of the pro? Crazy and nes #3 sold out. Nothing tops pokemon hype

Also for yearly charts

Sun/Moon
UK: 22nd/30th
Fra: 9th/18th
Ger: 11th/12th
US: 6th/8th
Can: 1st/2nd (this one is always weird as in wtf)

Spain i couldnt get nor japan (which japan is useless anywayzzz)

13 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#03 NES Classic Edition (new entry)
#14 N3DSXL Lime (up 15)
#15 PS4 Pro (down 6)
#34 NES Classic Edition (new entry)
#37 PS4s UC4 Bundle (down 2)
#40 N3DSXL Galaxy (up 11)
#44 PSVR Headset (down 8)
#62 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle (down 11)
#63 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 15)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#01 3DS Pokemon Sun (up 1
#02 3DS Pokemon Moon (down 1)

PS4:
3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10
XB1:
1 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10

Don't ask me about the two NES places. They look the same to me but clearly they're not for some reason. The Pro has slipped to #15 already and I don't consider that a good performance so far.

The PS5 Exists. 

Don't think that means it's selling any less. Just that the other products like the NES sold more during those hours. There's alot of new stuff in the charts currently that would push it down. You should know this. :]

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Around the Network
Pionner said:
Don't think that means it's selling any less. Just that the other products like the NES sold more during those hours. There's alot of new stuff in the charts currently that would push it down. You should know this. :]

You know I know how it works but in this case it's different. The Pro is the most powerful console on the market, is capable of native 4K and also uses checkerboard which reports suggest isn't really that noticeable from native 4K. The benefits for those with 1080p TVs is also now getting promoted. We're in a generation in which people complained (and scoffed) about the differences between 900p and 1080p and yet I'm seeing a strange narrative appearing centred around the notion that if it's not 4K it's not good enough. The Pro has resolution that far exede 1080p and here we are ONLY discussing 4K. 700p/900p/1080p were seen as a big things this gen but it appears that anything above that is of no real consequence, unless it's actually native 4K ... then the numbers mean something again.

The Pro is becoming the victim of fantom narrative, a pissing contest between a none existant console and a console you can buy now. The hype should have at least kept the Pro in the top 5 regardless of what was ahead of it. People like Colin Moriarty are crapping all over the Pro even on their PS podcast and Greg they're refusing to cover the Pro because Sony hasn't sent one to them. I can feel a cold, sour breeze blowing in from the bleachers and that's not good for business.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Pionner said:

You know I know how it works but in this case it's different. The Pro is the most powerful console on the market, is capable of native 4K and also uses checkerboard which reports suggest isn't really that noticeable from native 4K. The benefits for those with 1080p TVs is also now getting promoted. We're in a generation in which people complained (and scoffed) about the differences between 900p and 1080p and yet I'm seeing a strange narrative appearing centred around the notion that if it's not 4K it's not good enough. The Pro has resolution that far exede 1080p and here we are ONLY discussing 4K. 700p/900p/1080p were seen as a big things this gen but it appears that anything above that is of no real consequence, unless it's actually native 4K ... then the numbers mean something again.

The Pro is becoming the victim of fantom narrative, a pissing contest between a none existant console and a console you can buy now. The hype should have at least kept the Pro in the top 5 regardless of what was ahead of it. People like Colin Moriarty are crapping all over the Pro even on their PS podcast and Greg they're refusing to cover the Pro because Sony hasn't sent one to them. I can feel a cold, sour breeze blowing in from the bleachers and that's not good for business.

I kind of agree with you here. The Pro is a great piece of tech, a good boost forward, but the expectations for what it should be seem to be so far beyond what it is intended to be. After years of griping about image quality, we finally have pristine image quality and a bunch are just brushing it aside. It's weird that great improvements are suddenly ho-hum in much of the media, though I did think most of the reviews for the system were very positive. There is a Nintendo wave right now, though, that is likely affecting things. It looks like a lot of people that wanted the NES mini just threw up their hands and are buying Lime Green 3ds's instead (and Pokemon certainly helps, I'd bet). 

Hell, I don't think I've seen the Playstation cards knocked down so far save for the occasional Amiibo rush. It's the second blue wall to fall this week. (He-yo, political joke!)

Ariakon said:

I kind of agree with you here. The Pro is a great piece of tech, a good boost forward, but the expectations for what it should be seem to be so far beyond what it is intended to be. After years of griping about image quality, we finally have pristine image quality and a bunch are just brushing it aside. It's weird that great improvements are suddenly ho-hum in much of the media, though I did think most of the reviews for the system were very positive. There is a Nintendo wave right now, though, that is likely affecting things. It looks like a lot of people that wanted the NES mini just threw up their hands and are buying Lime Green 3ds's instead (and Pokemon certainly helps, I'd bet). 

Hell, I don't think I've seen the Playstation cards knocked down so far save for the occasional Amiibo rush. It's the second blue wall to fall this week. (He-yo, political joke!)

The media are creating this contest, MS are fueling it and their fans are running with it. The Pro is up against THREE aggressive fronts and, as I always say, perception is EVERYTHING. Perhaps it will still perform well but right now I see negative article after negative article in the offing with the potential (because we won't get specific sales numbers) of headlines like 'Why did the Pro fail?'. And once that happens, the Pro will fail. It baffles me why so many people who's livelihood depends on the gaming industly are attacking the very things that keeps them in work. They're like the snake eating its own tail.

The PS5 Exists. 

What's that Nintendo Domination ? NES Mini best selling Hardware and 3DS above PS4 PRO.

And of course Pokémon Sun/Moon indestructble lol.

Nice one NES mini and 3DS! Gettin ready for that Pokemon!

Pocky Lover Boy!