By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

GribbleGrunger said:
nanzano said:

I think sony is doing things wrong again. How did they misscalculate the PS4Pro shipement in the UK knowing what happened in 2013? I don't think the pro preorders are bigger than 2013's  one. And in the US why didn't they make the COD IW deal in October bundling the slim with IW codes? It would be stupid if they lose October NPD.

Anyway the Pro is doing amazingly well. It is going to be the second best selling game console on amazon just with preorder

Instead of automatically assuming Sony have done something wrong, ask yoursef if what they've done could be right. Think like a business. Think Christmas shopping. Think three products. You have a stall and on that stall you have three different types of fruit: Apples, Oranges and Pears. You're doing extremely well with the Apples because they're more or less selling themselves, but because people are buying the Apples your stock of Oranges and Pears are not selling as well as you wanted. You know customers will come back to your stall on a regular bases, so what do you do?

Hide the Apples. Not only do your Pears and Oranges start to sell better but the customers taste for Apples grows stronger. Now you can rotate your stock of fruit in line with your designated yields.

That only really works if the sell of Apples is based on people liking them "more" rather than people ONLY liking them.  If people only come to your stall because of apples and the pears and oranges are selling less because people don't like them, then allowing your apples to run out is going to drive sales of them all down.  

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
nanzano said:

I think sony is doing things wrong again. How did they misscalculate the PS4Pro shipement in the UK knowing what happened in 2013? I don't think the pro preorders are bigger than 2013's  one. And in the US why didn't they make the COD IW deal in October bundling the slim with IW codes? It would be stupid if they lose October NPD.

Anyway the Pro is doing amazingly well. It is going to be the second best selling game console on amazon just with preorder

Instead of automatically assuming Sony have done something wrong, ask yoursef if what they've done could be right. Think like a business. Think Christmas shopping. Think three products. You have a stall and on that stall you have three different types of fruit: Apples, Oranges and Pears. You're doing extremely well with the Apples because they're more or less selling themselves, but because people are buying the Apples your stock of Oranges and Pears are not selling as well as you wanted. You know customers will come back to your stall on a regular bases, so what do you do?

Hide the Apples. Not only do your Pears and Oranges start to sell better but the customers taste for Apples grows stronger. Now you can rotate your stock of fruit in line with your designated yields.

So based on your logic they didn't anticipate that the pro could sell twice the amount of PS4s this holliday? Because they could have also lower the slim manufacturing in favor of Pro's manufacturing. I said back in september that it was possible for the ps4 pro to sell 2 Million units this holliday only in the US with the 399$ price tag and poeple said I was overestimating it (by the way OG PS4 sold more than 3 Million last holiday). Now the trend shows that the slim is selling bad(especially in the UK) because of poeple waiting for the pro and  the only thing that could stop it to do 2 million in the US is a possible shortage and a bad Black friday deal/bundle. SONY knew they will set the pro to an affordable price why didn't they anticipate an agressive demand? The only reason comming in my mind are the stupid internet trolls regarding the Project Neo.

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

Nuvendil said:

That only really works if the sell of Apples is based on people liking them "more" rather than people ONLY liking them.  If people only come to your stall because of apples and the pears and oranges are selling less because people don't like them, then allowing your apples to run out is going to drive sales of them all down.  

Your son or daughter has asked you to get them a PS4 for Christmas ... Rumours of shortages ... Do you wait or buy a PS4s? Or if you have a PS4 already and planned on upgrading to a Pro, do you put that money towards PSVR instead? It broadens the spectrum of possible sales across all three platforms instead of it being entirely focused on one. If you rely on ridiculous price drops and deals then you're screwed for the whole year following Christmas.

The PS5 Exists. 

I think in regard to a COD bundle it should be noted (again) that last years bundle didn't arrive until Dec.

3 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#09 PS4 Pro (same)
#22 PS4s UC4 Bundle (down 3)
#39 PSVR Headset (same)
#40 N3DSXL Lime (down 3)
#54 N3DSXL SL Bundle (same)
#60 PS4 Fool's Edition (same)
#65 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle (down 3)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#01 3DS Pokemon Moon (same)
#02 3DS Pokemon Sun (same)
#48 PSVR Robinson The Journey (same)

PS4:
3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10
XB1:
1 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

How come there arent any bananas in the top 100??

tbone51 said:

They're unpopular with the casuals.

The PS5 Exists. 

tbone51 said:

Amazon's official PR statement on the matter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hsJCt4Azu0

Lmao

Pokemon is gonna be crazy

Wonder if there will be a switch version next year