By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PAL Charts - Week 43, 2016

vivster said:
I feel personally insulted that Xenoverse sold more than WoFF.

It also got outsold by SAO in japan.

This is the darkest timeline.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
So Titanfall and World of Final Fantasy both flopped by the looks of it.

Titanfall yes, though I assume it will have legs. WoFF not really, because it's just a FF spinoff, chibi-looking and on the market that buys JRPGs the least (Europe). It performed as well as I expected. Now, if it does as bad in NA as in EU...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

wow, titanfall 2 bomba. EA really screwed up this release date, and are going to be regretting it. they should have either released it in september, or Q1 next year.

how much has Battlefield 1 done? that game seems to be beasting big time

Ka-pi96 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Titanfall yes, though I assume it will have legs. WoFF not really, because it's just a FF spinoff, chibi-looking and on the market that buys JRPGs the least (Europe). It performed as well as I expected. Now, if it does as bad in NA as in EU...

This isn`t Europe, just the UK.

Even so I still see it as a flop. Sure it`s more niche than your regular JRPG, but it`s still got the FF name behind it so you`d expect it to do better than that.

I don't think UK is more fan of JRPGs than the rest of Europe, is it? And considering it came at a time when other big titles are coming, even the FF branding couldn't help that much.

Ka-pi96 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I don't think UK is more fan of JRPGs than the rest of Europe, is it? And considering it came at a time when other big titles are coming, even the FF branding couldn't help that much.

If it had lost out to some other new big titles then fair enough, but it lost out to Farming Simulator of all things. With it not doing particularly well in both Japan and the UK it doesn`t seem like it`s going to do well elsewhere either. Given how much SE typically expect things to sell it really seems like they`ll see it as a flop.

Actually, at the risk of sounding weird, I would say farming simulators have a bigger loyal userbase than JRPGs in Europe, so not only is normal for FS to beat WoFF, it was expected.

Can we compare other farming simulator launches to see how did they fared against JRPGs?

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
wow, titanfall 2 bomba. EA really screwed up this release date, and are going to be regretting it. they should have either released it in september, or Q1 next year.

how much has Battlefield 1 done? that game seems to be beasting big time

It sold about 440,000 in 2 weeks at retail. For a comparation, Battlefield 3 was at 590,000, and Battlefield 4 at 182,000.

https://twitter.com/Chris_Dring/status/793035536739041281?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Roronaa_chan said:

Ouch. I think that would put Titanfall 2 at lower than 38.25k (NeoGaf has Titanfall week 1 at 153k), would put it below 31.25k if you don't count Titanfall's 360 release because that launched later.

It's 100% EA's fault. They simply put out Titanfall 2 in October just to damage CoD sales, just like they always release Battlefield games 2 weeks before CoD to also damage CoD sales. Titanfall 2 simply should have been delayed until Q1 2017 so when people got bored of BF1, IW and MWR they could get Titanfall 2.

The marketing also was/is shit compared to the marketing Microsoft put behind the original Titanfall. Has anyone seen an ad on TV or anywhere else for the game? Here in the Netherlands you can't watch an hour of TV on certain channels without getting a BF1 ad, but I haven't seen shit from Titanfall 2. It kinda feels like EA just don't give a fuck.

Roronaa_chan said:

I think it's a bit too easy to put all of the blame on the release date.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Roronaa_chan said:

I think it's a bit too easy to put all of the blame on the release date.

i think its mainly the release date, a week marketing strategy and the fact that the first one was overrated. this flop is good for me though, as this will cause the games price to drop, and ill get it for cheap sometime next year.