By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Mario Kart 8 Switch is an enhanced port, how much new content do you want?

Assuming the new Mario Kart for the Switch is an ehanced 60$ Wii U port, how much new content do you want it to have? 

If it has all the old tracks and the dlc packs from Wii U, I would want to see at least 8 more cups to warrant a new $60 purchase. 4 of them would be brand new courses and the other 4 cups would be retro ones. If they end up with 6 new cups that would be okay too. Only four new cups for he price of $60 is a hard sell if the base game still plays like Mario Kart 8. If the graphics are greatly improved then it may be okay. But I don't think its possible given the Switch is still outputing 1080p max like Wii U.

An improved battled mode would be a welcome addition as well. New characters along with all the old characters would be great too. Not sure how much new characters I want them to add though since the tracks are more important gameplay wise for me.

What do you guys think? How much new content do you want from an enhanced Mario Kart 8 port for Switch?

Around the Network

man, just stick in some decent battle stages and I'm sure everyone will be happy

People who bought MK8 would want more but people who haven't bought MK8 maybe not soo much.

But for me at least:
- PLEASE FIX THE FUCKING BATTLE MODE!

- 12-16 new maps
- 3-6 new characters
- A new game mode (That switch item thing sounds nice)
- 3 new items
- New vehicle customization
- Include all the MK8 DLC

I dont mind if is very less to this if people have MK8 they get discount for the Switch.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
People who bought MK8 would want more but people who haven't bought MK8 maybe not soo much.

But for me at least:

- 12-16 new maps
- 3-6 new characters
- 3 new items

I dont mind if is very less to this if people have MK8 they get discount for the Switch.

But we got 16 maps for 13$ from both Mario Kart 8 dlc packs O_o

t3mporary_126 said:
Jranation said:

But for me at least:

- 12-16 new maps
- 3-6 new characters
- 3 new items

But we got 16 maps for 13$ from both Mario Kart 8 dlc packs O_o

I will gladly have more maps.... but it feels like Nintendo won't put too much effort into this switch. Soooo in saying that I think 12 - 16 would be enough to satisfy me and + the other stuff. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Having never had the chance to play Mario Kart 8 I'd be happy with a direct port of that lovely looking game on a handheld/Console hybrid machine for full retail price.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

If it's a MK8 port it better be $40 tops. Would take a whole lot of new content to make a $60 price tag justifiable.

I just want a Kirby stage and Kirby as characters. Now that Nintendo started other Nintendo franchises in Mario Kart, we just have to have more. It'll revitalize Mario Kart I think.

16 new race courses, new characters, new items, actual battle maps with multiple goals (bob-omb blast, shine thief, balloon battle) and all the dlc included.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Ljink96 said:
I just want a Kirby stage and Kirby as characters. Now that Nintendo started other Nintendo franchises in Mario Kart, we just have to have more. It'll revitalize Mario Kart I think.

Imagine you have to scan the amiibo to unclock the character with the stage themed of it........ XD 

Pocky Lover Boy!