By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VG Chartz #'s are full of it?

For instance, you have Puzzle Quest NA DS listed at 112k? Yet the NPD numbers are much less than that.  So where are you coming up with these sales numbers?

Around the Network

Where's NPD coming up with their sales numbers?

DKII said:
Where's NPD coming up with their sales numbers?

I'd like to see those numbers as well.

No offense, but are you seriously implying that VGChartz (a free, fan based website) is a more reputable source then NPD (a very expensive compilation, used by every single publisher in the industry)? I'm just curious how the numbers could be so drastically off.

nintendo said:
No offense, but are you seriously implying that VGChartz (a free, fan based website) is a more reputable source then NPD (a very expensive compilation, used by every single publisher in the industry)? I'm just curious how the numbers could be so drastically off.

Uhm a free fan based website is usually not as corrupt as your highly valued expensive industry publisher. Have you ever read those expensive magazines and their game reviews? They are all paid off by companies. So to answer your question, I would be more inclined to believe the source making little to no profit especially in todays world.

Around the Network
nintendo said:

No, I just want to see where you are getting the npd numbers from. I'm not saying you're right or wrong. I just want to see the numbers.

Where are the NPD's numebrs for puzzle quest.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

FishyJoe said:
nintendo said:

No, I just want to see where you are getting the npd numbers from. I'm not saying you're right or wrong. I just want to see the numbers.

Well unless you have access to them, you're obviously not going to see them.

No one is 100% correct with there sales. Though I think VG is pretty close. What does a fanbased web site have to do with anything?

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

nintendo said:
FishyJoe said:
nintendo said:

Well unless you have access to them, you're obviously not going to see them.

Then how the **** are we supposed to know if they are off?