By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Sony release a vita successor to rival the NS?

New PsP...

YES. 35 24.82%

NO. 99 70.21%

I DON'T KNOW. 7 4.96%

Total:141

They can always release a PS4 Tablet or phablet a few years from now when the internals are miniaturized enough.

Around the Network

No, they should completely focus on the PS4 and PSVR support. Nintendo Switch will already have a hard time to compete with PS4 Pro and Xbox Scorpio, there is no need for another handheld.

But if a new Sony handheld happened it should be called PSP 2 and not PS Vita 2 imo.

Ufffff, I don't think Sony cares that much at this point for a dedicated handheld. Even if the Switch is succesful, I can't see them releasing in two years a digital only PS4 handheld. Putting a PS4 on a handheld format seems a lot of work, at least the Switch was designed as a hybrid from the beginning. They will push streaming for Vita and phones.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

No, Dedicated handhelds are over. So any portable device released by PlayStation couldn't be a "vita 2" it would have to be more then that.

Do a Playstation Smartphone instead :p

That has snap-on controller sold with each unit.
Make it Vita compatable and give it access to the psn, and allow you to buy vita games on it.

Around the Network
John2290 said:

I'm sure they already have the R&D done somewhat. What do you think? Vita 2? 

I think they should do something like the NS, the only problem would be that the device needs to be big enough to have a bluray drive in it :S.   The VITA remote play needs ridiculous wifi in order to work properly, and the streaming quality is not so good either when KM aways.    Maybe with PS4 PRO MAXXXX they can provide a something like that.

Nintendo idea is really good, but if the console is underpowered no one will give a damn, with the exception of nintendo gamers.

a dedicated handheld will just die, that is why nintendo is doing this. If Sony tries to do that it will just die too.

They should focus on getting actual games for the PSVR. I'm not interested in playing as the detached hands of Batman in an hour and a half adventure.

Why would they need to rival it when they already have a product that will easily beat it LT?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

They already have PS Now for that.