By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Play Bloodborne. It's both the most accessible and the best Souls game.

That said, it's also the most skill-based, at least for me. Souls is often a game of trying to complete your build -- or as I like to sometimes say, the difficulty of Souls is everything prior to getting a greatshield. With Bloodborne, you're given a choice of three of the best weapons in the game at the very start and your success is largely based on how well you can parry and dodge.

But the atmosphere is incredible, the lore is enthralling, the music is chilling, the combat is intense, and the bosses (three human bosses in particular, plus another human boss in the DLC) are absolutely exhilerating and cathartic in a way no other other games bosses manages to be, with perhaps the exception of Pontiff Sulyvahn or Abyss Watchers in Dark Souls 3. But those are both basically out-of-place Bloodborne bosses.

Around the Network
patronmacabre said:

perhaps the exception of Pontiff Sulyvahn

Fuck that idiot, fuck him hard. I've never had any (long-term) trouble with any Soulsborne boss save for that stupid fucker.

Wright said:
patronmacabre said:

Fuck that idiot, fuck him hard. I've never had any (long-term) trouble with any Soulsborne boss save for that stupid fucker.

I never had much trouble with him and I found him to be a really interesting fight and fun fight. The only Soulsborne boss that I just find to be impossible is Orphan of Kos. I can't think of any boss in the whole series that wants me to die more than Orphan.

patronmacabre said:
Wright said:

I never had much trouble with him and I found him to be a really interesting fight and fun fight. The only Soulsborne boss that I just find to be impossible is Orphan of Kos. I can't think of any boss in the whole series that wants me to die more than Orphan.

Most people I've asked, they really don't have much problem with Sullivan. He, for some reason, got stuck with me for a long time, to the point of almost driving me insane. Even on NG+ or superior walkthroughs, he's one of the few bosses that can probably still kill me despite my great build.

Orphan, yeah. That dude is a bitch too, but nothing a nice whole noon dedicated to him can't fix. :P

walsufnir said:

Hi guys.

Although some might not believe me, I bought a PS4 yesterday (or better, my wife bought me).

We were at a local electronics store to get my mother a new TV and we stumbled through the games section afterwards and they had an offer including a

- PS4 slim (500g)

- Second controller (white)

- Battlefield 1

for 299€ which was too good of a deal. The reason we went with PS4 was that it was cheaper than the bone deals and there a "sing and dance"-games my girlfriend likes.

I made a fake account before to try out PSNow and tried to use that account on the PS4 and then had to realize you can't change your region for a PSN account o.O

So I had to do a second one and had to delete the old one from the PS4 and alltogether this wasn't just straight forward as I hoped it would be.

After inserting the Battlefield disc, the system got very loud when I tried to play the game. I could play the intro where one after the other just dies and the system was still quite loud so I guess it was still installing (I hope so).

I didn't have much time because it was alreay late in the evening but I also could see that PSN speed was actually quite good (had the system wired to the router because I heard of the shitty wifi the PS4 has...). Close to 40 mbit went through which is ok - I have 60 mbit uplink currently.

The controller seems ok, I don't think it feels cheap but I see why I preferred the Xbox controllers all the years. I think I will get used to it in the near future.

It also needs more stability like the old system - when I push on the rigt end of the console, it wobbles a lot but usually you don't do that to your console. I was just surprised that this is still an issue with the console.

Overall I think I'll get used to it, the interface is also something that didn't really get me convinced but it seems it works ok for most people.

Anyway, looking forward to play some more games on the system but I think I'll stay out of PS+ because I don't have time to play online anyways.

Don't open it, save controller and B1! Sell it back to store wait two weeks get PS4 Pro for just 100!

Around the Network

I expect you to get the "Fractured But Whole" next year then.

Congrats man.

Nymeria said:
I expect you to get the "Fractured But Whole" next year then.

Yup. Still have to finish the Stick of Truth but I am close to the ending.

walsufnir said:

Hi guys.

Although some might not believe me, I bought a PS4 yesterday (or better, my wife bought me).

We were at a local electronics store to get my mother a new TV and we stumbled through the games section afterwards and they had an offer including a

- PS4 slim (500g)

- Battlefield 1

for 299€ which was too good of a deal. The reason we went with PS4 was that it was cheaper than the bone deals and there a "sing and dance"-games my girlfriend likes.

We are still waiting on you to address the bolded....so your WIFE bought you the PS4 and the reason you all chose the PS4 was because your GIRLFRIEND likes the "sing and dance" games.....you are a master player and derseve praise! LOL!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
walsufnir said:

Hi guys.

- PS4 slim (500g)

- Battlefield 1

We are still waiting on you to address the bolded....so your WIFE bought you the PS4 and the reason you all chose the PS4 was because your GIRLFRIEND likes the "sing and dance" games.....you are a master player and derseve praise! LOL!

I already answered!

We married a few weeks ago and I have to get used to the word "wife" instead of saying "girlfriend", everything is fine :)

We bought Until Dawn and played at the weekend. Nice experience but the performance is rough sometimes and SHE is saying there is too much talking and not enough playing (although she doesn't want to hand over the controller to me so that I can play -.-).