By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Investors Not Happy With the Switch, Want More Mobile

Soundwave said:
Ljink96 said:
The event was a sneak peek. It wasn't the full reveal. So why are they throwing a fit? All we can do is trust Nintendo's judgement to not show much more of the switch until next year. Why are they doing this? I don't know. Maybe they're trying the Apple approach. Get it in people's heads real close to the release date. Still if NX fails, which it really can't "fail" as it will be making profit day 1, Nintendo should focus more on providing experiences for mobile and other consoles.

Hopefully switch isn't a disaster. I hope Nintendo knows what they're doing with this.

It's easier to trust I guess when it's not your money on the line, lol. 

Investors are skeptical and nervous, because Nintendo fucked up royally the last 5-6 years in the hardware market. 

I don't think a "teaser trailer" and nothing else was the smartest unveil strategy as well. 

I think Nintendo is aware that a teaser trailer and nothing else was a bad move. They'd be insane not to think it's a bad move. But there must be a reason why they're so tight lipped about everything. Sure it's not my money but as history repeats itself, never count Nintendo out. 3DS is doing okay on the market, not the DS but it's still no small feat at 61 million. Something other handhelds still haven't achieved.  

The good news in all of this is NX won't be sold at a loss. That's Wii U's first misstep. They also said they're aware of what consumers are gaguing the price at. I think Nintendo is headed in the right direction but it isn't apparent now. Switch will alieveate many of Nintendo's 1st party issues, and their dedication to mobile games will help. I called people insane when they thought Pokemon Go would increase 3DS hardware and Software sales...I was dead wrong. It worked. XY, ORAS started charting #1, or 100K. 

I think this will play out fine for them. 

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
Soundwave said:

It's easier to trust I guess when it's not your money on the line, lol. 

Investors are skeptical and nervous, because Nintendo fucked up royally the last 5-6 years in the hardware market. 

I don't think a "teaser trailer" and nothing else was the smartest unveil strategy as well. 

I think Nintendo is aware that a teaser trailer and nothing else was a bad move. They'd be insane not to think it's a bad move. But there must be a reason why they're so tight lipped about everything. Sure it's not my money but as history repeats itself, never count Nintendo out. 3DS is doing okay on the market, not the DS but it's still no small feat at 61 million. Something other handhelds still haven't achieved.  

The good news in all of this is NX won't be sold at a loss. That's Wii U's first misstep. They also said they're aware of what consumers are gaguing the price at. I think Nintendo is headed in the right direction but it isn't apparent now. Switch will alieveate many of Nintendo's 1st party issues, and their dedication to mobile games will help. I called people insane when they thought Pokemon Go would increase 3DS hardware and Software sales...I was dead wrong. It worked. XY, ORAS started charting #1, or 100K. 

I think this will play out fine for them. 

Being sold at a loss only has a big impact if people are actually buying the system, lol. If people aren't buying it in the first place, then that's not much of a problem. 

Though from my understanding the loss on the Wii U wasn't that large per unit anyway. 

KLXVER said:
alternine said:

How do you now for sure it'll make a profit Day 1? We dont even know the price yet.

Im guessing he means Nintendo makes money on each console sold.

Yeah, it wont' be sold at a loss. If this is correct, they'll be making money on each unit. Not losing money like they did with Wii U. Investors were fine with Gamecube because it made money  and it was affordable, one time being at $99. 

spemanig said:
What they say right now doesn't really matter. If the Switch becomes massively successful, and it has the potential to be, this will just be a funny news story to look back on. Nintendo's stock drop during this period will have absolutely no effect on the success of the Switch.

No spema still expect this kind of articles even if switch is relatively successful... Mobile only has become like third party only begging!

This article is based on just a 48m loss ( due to stronger yen ) , which calls it disastrous! Writer dictates to Nintendo shifting the focus on mobile! Imagine if the loss was triple of that for example!

Yeah, better mobile only where  Apple and google take the 30-40% of the money made by apps, Nintendo earned a important  amount of money from Pokemon go  ( 115m )but a small one when compared to its overall income ( 600m )! Why bothering make 30$ profit on each switch unit that it could sell 40m for instance?

Lawlight said:
It fell by a further 4.9% today for a total of 15% since the Switch was announced.

Hmm, and no one makes news about it, strange.

But if it's up some 2-3%, hooo boy! Nintendomination!

Around the Network

They'll rise once Nintendo announce app compatibility.

teigaga said:
They'll rise once Nintendo announce app compatibility.

If they are smart enough to do that, probably yeah.

Turkish said:
Lawlight said:
It fell by a further 4.9% today for a total of 15% since the Switch was announced.

Hmm, and no one makes news about it, strange.

But if it's up some 2-3%, hooo boy! Nintendomination!

Wait what is this thread than? Guess no one makes news about declining... 

Actually show me the threads about 2-3% gains as well. I am actually really curious for those as well. 

LivingMetal said:
PlayStation dominance guaranteed?

playstation is dominating already, isn't that enough for their fans?

Lawlight said:

It sounds like "switch" has more meaning than one.