By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Marvel's The Punisher Series Confirmed for 2017, as It Announces 5 New Cast Members

Marvel's The Punisher Series Confirmed for 2017, as It Announces 5 New Cast Members

Actors from Bates Motel and Wolf of Wall Street join The Punisher's cast.

Upcoming Netflix series The Punisher will release next year, Marvel confirmed on its website. The comic company also announced the addition of five new cast members.

The Punisher's star Jon Bernthal is joined by Daniel Webber (11.22.63), Jason R. Moore (A Lonely Place for Dying), Paul Schulze (Nurse Jackie), Jamie Ray Newman (Bates Motel), and Michael Nathanson (Wolf of Wall Street).

You can read descriptions of each character below.

• Webber is Lewis Walcott, a young veteran in the midst of a difficult process of re-entering civilian society.
  • Moore plays Curtis Hoyle, Frank Castle aka The Punisher's friend who is one of the few people who knows he's alive.
  • Schulze is Rawlins, a high-ranking CIA operative whose missions in Afghanistan cross paths with Frank Castle.
  • Newman plays Sarah Lieberman, the wife of Micro (played by Ebon Moss-Bachrach). Her marriage has complicated her life in a significant way.
  • Nathanson is Sam Stein, a Homeland agent challenged by his partnership with Dinah (Amber Rose Revah).

Previously announced was the return of Deborah Ann Wolf, who'll reprise her role from Daredevil as Karen Page. Showrunner and executive producer Steve Lightfoot will write The Punisher's first two episodes, while Marvel veteran Jim Chory and Marvel head of TV Jeph Loeb will help with executive production duties.

"We couldn't have asked for a more talented group of actors to round out the cast of Marvel's The Punisher," Lightfoot said. "It's a thrill to watch them each bring their characters to life with such layered, nuanced performances."

The latest Marvel Netflix series is Luke Cage, which released last month. You can read GameSpot's piece on why the show is "a great addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe" here. Up next for Marvel on Netflix is Iron Fist. It stars Game of Thrones actor Finn Jones and is expected to launch on the streaming service on March 17, 2017.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/marvels-the-punisher-series-confirmed-for-2017-as-/1100-6444790/

Around the Network

Go, Jon!

Nice. Really looking forward to this one. Jon was a stand out highlight of Daredevil season 2, so I have high expectations for this

LivingMetal said:

Go, Jon!

I always sided with Shane over Rick, so very jealous of you and excited to see the Punisher get his own series.

After his performance in DD I'm gonna allow myself to set my expectations high for this one, I'm sure I won't be dissapointed.

Around the Network
Nymeria said:
LivingMetal said:

Go, Jon!

I always sided with Shane over Rick, so very jealous of you and excited to see the Punisher get his own series.

Dude was so down to earth when we met this past January.  Unlike Shane, he's gentle and softspoken.

Love everything about this. Jon Bernthal is an awesome actor and the character had an awesome presentation in Daredevil.

Nymeria said:
LivingMetal said:

Go, Jon!

And here I was starting to think I was alone in this lol

I mean Shane started getting a bit off the rails as season 2 went down to the wire, but most of the way he was the only one thinking rationally given their situation.

I watched 2 episodes of Luke Cage. It's really really really mediocre.
Lots of cliches, may it be afro-american's or superhero's...

Really disappointing, the quality is dipping for Netflix/Marvel shows.

Angelus said:
Nice. Really looking forward to this one. Jon was a stand out highlight of Daredevil season 2, so I have high expectations for this

As much as I love Elektra as a character in the comics, I didn't care for her in the series.  The Punisher was the main attraction.