By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR Sales In Japan Detailed

Media Create released its detailed analysis of the Japanese market last week, including additional figures on how PlayStation VR and its games performed on the local retail market.

First of all, we learn that of the 51,644 units sold in the headset’s debut week (announced on Wednesday), about 41,000 were bundles with the new PlayStation Camera, and roughly 11,000 were stand-alone headsets.

According to the firm, over 90% of the shipped units sold during the first week, and offer basically matched demand.

Things were slower for PlayStation VR exclusive titles sold at retail. Two were released (PlayStation VR Worlds and RIGS) and sold only 9,000 copies combined. Since we already know that PlayStation VR Worlds sold 5,983 copies, it puts RIGS (that placed 22nd, so did not receive precise sales numbers) at about 3,000 copies sold.

Last, but not least, Media Create did not notice a specific increase in PS4 sales due to the launch of PlayStation VR, so most of those who purchased the headset should be existing PS4 users.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/10/23/playstation-vr-sales-japan-detailed-41000-bundles-11000-stand-alone-90-shipment-sold/

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

I can't remember seeing a Media Create thread.

The PS5 Exists. 

Its odd that the software sales are so low. What games were most of the PSVR owners playing?

jason1637 said:
Its odd that the software sales are so low. What games were most of the PSVR owners playing?

The majority (41k) were bundles, so probably the demo disc and free game that comes with it. Have you got a link to the media create thread. I somehow missed it.

The PS5 Exists. 

Software sales are so slow.... People like to just walk around with the PSVR in the head?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Software sales are so slow.... People like to just walk around with the PSVR in the head?

waiting for more games like Summer Lessons I bet. I know I would.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
GribbleGrunger said:

Things were slower for PlayStation VR exclusive titles sold at retail. Two were released (PlayStation VR Worlds and RIGS) and sold only 9,000 copies combined. Since we already know that PlayStation VR Worlds sold 5,983 copies, it puts RIGS (that placed 22nd, so did not receive precise sales numbers) at about 3,000 copies sold.

jason1637 said:

Probably the demos and digital PSVR titles.

Most of the better PSVR games / experiences aren't even available at retail (Rez Infinite, Keep Talking..., Thumper, Wayward Sky, Batman Arkham VR, Bound...)

And even "physical master race" Klaudkil says that digital PSVR-versions are more convenient because you can switch between games without changing the discs.

That seems like a lot of units in the first week for one region. I wonder what it did worldwide.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

jason1637 said:

I've personally bought about six games. Maybe more. All digital. Maybe it's finally happening.

GribbleGrunger said:
jason1637 said:

The majority (41k) were bundles, so probably the demo disc and free game that comes with it. Have you got a link to the media create thread. I somehow missed it.

Oh yeah i forgot it came with a demo. Like others in this thread said it's probably having large digital sales also.