By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Zelda BotW Wii U prove NS does not have a touchscreen?

I thought the the Wii U version did use touch screen....... didn't they touch the locations he could teleport to?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Try the internet without the touchscreen, or posting something on miiverse if that'll continue. Will be real fun painstakingly moving the cursor over from letter to letter. It may not be much used for games (because you can put the thing in a dock), but if doesn't have touch capabilities at all then that means it would fail at basic tablet functions and it would be laughed out the door by the tablet consumer crowd.

If it has touch Nintendo should pay to be the console that has civ 6 on it. Drop that boom Nintendo.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

NS will have a multi-touch screen according to laura dale,whos been right about nearly everything NS related

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

FallingTitan said:

probably no touch screen controls. as touch screen wastes battery. the sensor is always ON waiting for the next touch!

just like when you buy a laptop with a touch screen and the version without lasts 2x as long.

my Dell xps 13 with non touch screen gives me about 8-10 hrs. my wife has the touch verson and gets 4-7 averages.

I call bullshit on that. If that claimed battery life difference is true, it must have other reasons.

Also the touch screen sensors DON'T have to be always ON waiting for the next touch, if the device has also a power button. Nintendo can chose that touch screen sensors are only active, when the device is turned on anyways, not in standby.

Around the Network

Maybe Blizzard knows something we don't?

Signalstar said:

So none of us are sure that the Nintendo Switch has touch capabilities yet as it was not featured in the reveal trailer. What was featured was Zelda BotW. When Nintendo showed off the Wii U version at E3 they made a point of stressing that the experience would be the same with the NS (NX at the time) version. The Wii U version quite obviously does not use the Gamepad's touchscreen in any meaningful way for controls. Could this be a sign that the NS lacks touchscreen input entirely?

If the NS did have touchscreen controls then both versions could find some use for them in game but we no that is not the case. Just my two cents.

Nope. Scince you can use the Switch also on your TV (and wont have touchscreen then) all games on Switch need to work without touchscreen anyway. Im very sure it will have a touchscreen. Nintendo better make that thing a alternative to your android tabelt/ipad/kindle which can to the same BUT also play nintendo games. So people that want to get a tablet anytime soon anyway might pick this up to use it as a great cheap tablet (similar to using the ps3 as a blueray player that has the possibilites to play games as well).

FallingTitan said:

probably no touch screen controls. as touch screen wastes battery. the sensor is always ON waiting for the next touch!

just like when you buy a laptop with a touch screen and the version without lasts 2x as long.

my Dell xps 13 with non touch screen gives me about 8-10 hrs. my wife has the touch verson and gets 4-7 averages.

the touchscreen xps 13 uses a 4k panelt, the non touchscreen 1080p right? Touchscreen doesnt consume much energy. There are alot of phones that have it activated 24 hrs a day (so you can just touch on your screen to wake your phone up)

KLXVER said:

hearthstone port is very likely. Its still a tablet overall. Would make me wondering if they also (have to) put in controller controls as well so you play it on our tv when the switch is docked

Asedebck said:
KLXVER said:

hearthstone port is very likely. Its still a tablet overall. Would make me wondering if they also (have to) put in controller controls as well so you play it on our tv when the switch is docked

Yeah, that would be smart of them to do. You dont want to limit the users.