By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - favorite console that you've NEVER owned?

Playstation 1

Never regret getting N64 though...

Around the Network

Nintendo DS

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Neo Geo.
Way too expensive back then.

the N-gage, man, that thing was it

Probably the PS2. I didn't own a console last gen either, though my little sister and a friend had a Gamecube, so I was able to play a handful of games I would have wanted to play (most acutely: Windwaker).

Still, the overall number of PS2 games I loved...I played it a lot at friends' places. God of War, Tiger Woods 2005, NBA Street vol. 2 and 3, Shadow of the Colossus, GTA III: San Andreas, Katamari Damacy...good times.

Back in the day I jealously wanted an NES, but all I had was an Atari. It was ok, though, because once I got the SNEs I also got Super Mario All-Stars, and that was a huge chunk of the games I wanted to own. And in my 11-year-old's thinking, Link to the Past was better than the original Zelda, and Super Metriod was better than Metriod, so it was all okay in the end.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
Playstation 1

Never regret getting N64 though...

The PS1 console pwned the N64. N64 only had about 5 excellent first party games: Super Mario 64, Mario kart 64, Goledeneye 007, Perfect Dark and Legend of Zelda"Ocarina of Time. I unfortunately swapped a PS1 with 12 games for a N64 with Super Mario 64, it was the biggest mistake of my life. Some things in life you wish you had of done over. My choice of consoles I wish I would have to be PS2. I never got into last generation.

My choice for console I wish I had of owned would be the PS2.

Dreamcast. Was a fantastic console with some great games. shame what happened to it

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

omgwtfbbq said:
Dreamcast. Was a fantastic console with some great games. shame what happened to it

Sony killed off Sega. Dreamcast was dead and buried within 2 years.

Definitely the Dreamcast. For titles like Shenmue. :)

@ Some people around here: I think the topicstarter means consoles/handhelds from the past. Not current one like PS3.

Sega Genesis! I used to play it all the time at various friends houses back in the day, I was never a huge gamer until I bought a Ps1 in High school, but Genesis, those were the days....