By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - favorite console that you've NEVER owned?

I'd like a Nintendo DS (though I wouldn't buy it myself). I'm trying to see if I can somehow get a 360 or PS3, because I have the feeling that with only a Wii, I'm missing out on too many great titles (this also works vice versa of course).
And I'm sad to never have owned a NES, SNES, or Dreamcast.

I drink your milkshake.

Around the Network

- PS2, gotta love the God of War games. Best selling home console ever.

- Amiga CD32, died a premature death soon after launch due to parent company bankrupting, this while software was significantly outselling PC CRROM, CDi and Sega CD in Europe combined in 1993 and 1994, US launch was blocked due to stupid patent royalty issues. Some great games like Super Stardust, Alien Breed: Tower Assault and Banshee. The console could be upgraded into a full computer (harddrive, keyboard, mouse, processor/RAM upgrades, etc) to browse the web, read email, use Amiga word processors / presentation software / art programs, playback VideoCDs, etc. A shame how things went, but Commodore had itself to blame due to loss of focuss and thus huge MSDOS / Windows 3.1 PC related losses.

- NeoGeo, arcade quality games, should have been released worldwide.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

- Amiga CD32, died a premature death soon after launch due to parent company bankrupting, this while software was significantly outselling PC CRROM, CDi and Sega CD in Europe combined in 1993 and 1994, US launch was blocked due to stupid patent royalty issues. Some great games like Super Stardust, Alien Breed: Tower Assault and Banshee. The console could be upgraded into a full computer (harddrive, keyboard, mouse, processor/RAM upgrades, etc) to browse the web, read email, use Amiga word processors / presentation software / art programs, playback VideoCDs, etc. A shame how things went, but Commodore had itself to blame due to loss of focuss and thus huge MSDOS / Windows 3.1 PC related losses.

There was a huge stock of NTSC Amiga CD32s built up in Commodore warehouses anticipating the US launch, they remained in the Philippines until bankruptcy.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

ConAir said:

Definitely the Dreamcast. For titles like Shenmue. :)

@ Some people around here: I think the topicstarter means consoles/handhelds from the past. Not current one like PS3.

PS3 will be selling for around $199 US within three years.

I'd say the Genesis. There was some great games for that system, but I always had Nintendo consoles only. Maybe I'll get one on eBay. No SegaCD though, that was crap.

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

Around the Network

PS1. I missed almost all the titles from that. Basically the only games I played from that system were the Final Fantasies.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

NEO GEO. It was way too expensive but was the best thing on the market at the time.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

vaio said:
In the early 80´s I used to rent this console at our local gameshop called Vetrex, love it but never owned one.

I have been trying to find info about this console but never actually found anything, if someone here can digg up some info about it please let me know.

Dreamcast was another one I never owned but I wish I did.

The console that you are talking about was called the Vectrex, not the Vetrex.  That could be the problem.  I loved that system too and wish I did have one.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Nowadays, if I want it, I get it. As a kid, the Neo Geo was a mythical console. I had an SNES and I loved it, but I figured the Neo Geo was video game Nirvana. I was wrong, though.

Wii