By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bethesda in August "We will consider the NX if it's on par with the XBO"

Miyamotoo said:
DonFerrari said:

So you know what is it (the Zelda that where on Photo realism route instead of cell shadding).

But ok, I guess the other guys pointing they doing a lot and you saying almost never there is enough wiggle room for both to be considered right. Anyway for what Nintendo intentions their games achieve.

I really don't on what exactly Zelda do you think, can you be more specific? Do you think about Zelda Tech Demo on Wii U announcement!? Beacuse that wasnt reavile of game that was just tech demo.

Like I wore, Nintendo very relary doing downgrades, actually they far more often improving graphics of games that in its shown in initial trailer.

etking said:

Why did Myamoto appear on the latest Apple marketing show? The ARM/Tegra based NX devkit hardware is at least compatible to Android / IOS. Maybe the OS is licensed by Apple, maybe it is not, but it will be very easy to port games to and from other ARM-based platforms for sure.

Miyamoto shown at Apple marketing show to promote Nintendo big mobile game, very obviously.

ARM/Tegra are compatible to everything, they are efficient architecture that is easy to work with (inluding porting), perfect match for concept like Switch and much better solution than anything AMD based for something like that.

Yes it probably was this one, but I remember being on Wii not WiiU. And yep I do agree that they probably improved instead of degrading the games.

Nuvendil said:

DonFerrari said:

So you know what is it (the Zelda that where on Photo realism route instead of cell shadding).

But ok, I guess the other guys pointing they doing a lot and you saying almost never there is enough wiggle room for both to be considered right. Anyway for what Nintendo intentions their games achieve.

If you mean the Zelda tech demo shown back in 2011, that is all it ever was and all it ever claimed to be.  It was literally a pre-animated sequence to show off graphics tech.  They never claimed it was a new Zelda.  In fact, they never even released that video on an official basis to the public, hence why the only versions we have are off screen videos.  Besides, Breath of the Wild has considerable technical achievements under its belt that the tech demo didn't show off, judging from what we've seen.  So calling it a technical downgrade is also suspect.

Yes I mean it. And in the case of this discussion they also never said it would be a new Skyrim or anything it could very much be the same as a tech demo, so there is no point to say it's impossible.

The downgrade would of course depend on POV... some people said games like TLOU and Infamous SS had downgrades but they were only different approaches (lost something in one part and imroved well on other aspects).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
fleischr said:

"But... Skyrim is a 5 year old game!"

- these people

Anyone who played the 360/PS3 versions and saw version in the Switch trailer can tell it's the enhanced version that's also on XBO/PS4. If the switch isn't on that same power level- Bethesda wouldn't bother with a technically inferior, late port. 

End of story.

Anyone who saw the version in the Switch trailer know that it was only a video edited on the screen and that no game ran on the Switch in the entire trailer ;)

fleischr said:

- these people

Anyone who played the 360/PS3 versions and saw version in the Switch trailer can tell it's the enhanced version that's also on XBO/PS4. If the switch isn't on that same power level- Bethesda wouldn't bother with a technically inferior, late port. 

End of story.

Bethesda hasn't even confirmed a Skyrim version for the Switch. For all we know, the footage in the trailer could be from any other version, played as a video on the Switch.

Nintendo used PS3- and 360-versions for their Wii U reveal: https://gamerant.com/wii-u-reveal-footage-price-zak-89237/

A mix of the old Skyrim version and the enhanced version would also be a possibility: the newest version of the graphics engine, but less demanding settings and assets of the old version.

People actually believe a tablet can have the same hardware power as the xbox?

I mean if the dock had extra power it could be possible, but come on... get real people.

I'm still waiting to know if Zelda BOTW will run better on Switch or on Wii U.

fleischr said:

- these people

End of story.

To be fair, if Nintedo dropped some money an inferior port could be made like that.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
Faelco said:

Anyone who saw the version in the Switch trailer know that it was only a video edited on the screen and that no game ran on the Switch in the entire trailer ;)

Conina said:

Bethesda hasn't even confirmed a Skyrim version for the Switch. For all we know, the footage in the trailer could be from any other version, played as a video on the Switch.

Nintendo used PS3- and 360-versions for their Wii U reveal: https://gamerant.com/wii-u-reveal-footage-price-zak-89237/

A mix of the old Skyrim version and the enhanced version would also be a possibility: the newest version of the graphics engine, but less demanding settings and assets of the old version.

I wouldn't think Bethesda would commit the sin of giving the idea that Switch is more powerful than it really is. EA or Ubisoft would. But I wouldn't expect that from Bethesda.

When the WiiU wasn't up to par Pete Hines laid it on pretty hard regarding the WiiU's shortcomings.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:

To be fair, if Nintedo dropped some money an inferior port could be made like that.

I don't think Nintendo simply buys Bethesda's goodwill though. Neither do I think it's Nintendo's character to subsidize a western developer to bring a multi-plat game to their system.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Conina said:
Shiken said:
Those saying Skyrim is a 5 year old game...if Switch gets Skyrim it will be the remaster with vastly improved visuals that consoles 5 years ago could not achieve. This speaks volumes for the power if that is what it is IF it comes to NS

Prove that it will be the Remaster and not the old Skyrim version for the Switch! ;)

Prove that it isn't!  😉

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
Conina said:

Prove that it will be the Remaster and not the old Skyrim version for the Switch! ;)

Prove that it isn't!  😉

I don't have to. I really want a powerful handheld and would be extremely glad if the Switch can keep up with the XB1 or even PS4.

But it's better to keep the expectations down and be positive surprised afterwards than to be overhyped at first from too high expectations and then be disappointed when reality catches up.

etking said:

Why did Myamoto appear on the latest Apple marketing show? The ARM/Tegra based NX devkit hardware is at least compatible to Android / IOS. Maybe the OS is licensed by Apple, maybe it is not, but it will be very easy to port games to and from other ARM-based platforms for sure.

First: Android not on NX: http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/06/02/will-nintendos-nx-adopt-android-company-says-no/

Second: If you would have any clue about the last 20 years of Apple's company-history you would know they don't license their operating systems. period.

Third: 3DS used ARM. In your logic Nintendo would put Android on the 3DS. Didn't happen because it doesn't make sense.

-snip-