By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioware Says Mass Effect Andromeda Won’t Be Coming To Nintendo Switch

torok said:
Goodnightmoon said:

And this makes total sense, not only because this game is probably not gonna be a big success on NS (or anywhere, we'll see), but because this game has been long time in development while NS is very recent, if they wanted to do a port it should be released way later than the rest which would be like send it to death

Mind that publishers already have dev kits for quite some time. They probably knew almost everything about the NS for a good 2 years. That's why we were getting leaks so close to the real deal, because a bunch of devs were already playing with the NS and, of course, can't keep their mouth shut.

I highly doubt dev kits have been around for so long

Around the Network

Wait... Mass Effect is bad now?
Sure the third game had a shitty ending but they are still amazing games.

It's a big franchise guys, it sold like 10 million with all their console releases put together.

It's a shame, i mean i would still buy Andromeda on PS4, but i'd love to get the Trilogy on the Switch to play it on the go.

Nintendo needs western third party support, every game released on the Switch means more consoles sold and more money for Nintendo to increase their budget spent on first party games.

lionpetercarmoo said:
oniyide said:

How do you figure that? 3DS did fine with just that

3DS does fine because its a handheld and little kids don't care about third party support.

If we follow that logic, they could always push Switch as a handheld device.

Only thing I expect from western 3p are remasters of 7th gen titles and maybe a token timed exclusive for launch. That's what happens when you dump your Strength stat in favor of Charisma, you can't smile your way up walls or over pits. (Or portable-ize modern titles.)

Goodnightmoon said:
torok said:

Mind that publishers already have dev kits for quite some time. They probably knew almost everything about the NS for a good 2 years. That's why we were getting leaks so close to the real deal, because a bunch of devs were already playing with the NS and, of course, can't keep their mouth shut.

I highly doubt dev kits have been around for so long

The console probably started development in 2013-14. I would say that devs already had info on its performance probably in 14-15 and got their kits in 2014. We have rumours that ended up being exactly what NS is dating from 2014, so people outside Nintendo already knew it.