By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Stock Value Switch into Reverse

sources:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/21/13359078/nintendo-switch-stock-price-drop

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-nx-reveal-announcement-causes-jump-in-sha/1100-6444629/

https://www.ft.com/content/f8301546-c042-320c-a4d3-fa42b6eb478b

"Following Nintendo’s unveiling of its new console yesterday, the Nintendo Switch, the company suffered from a 7.3 percent drop in its stock overnight.

Shares in the company hit a high of 27,180 yen ($261.60) after the hybrid console’s unveiling yesterday, but are currently sitting at 25,185 yen ($242.40), according to the Financial Times. The drop comes one day after Nintendo received a 4.6 percent increase in shares the night before the Switch was revealed, adding $1 billion to Nintendo’s market value.

Yesterday’s reveal of the Nintendo Switch left plenty of unanswered questions about the new console. We still don’t know if its display is a touchscreen, how powerful the console is, how long the battery will last or what the launch lineup will consist of. We do know that Nintendo’s highly anticipated Zelda title, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, will be available sometime next year.

Nintendo also confirmed that major publishers, developers and studios like Bethesda, Activision, Capcom, Ubisoft, Warner Bros. Interactive, and Take-Two Interactive Studios would support the Switch, along with independent companies like Starbreeze.

Despite the drop last night, Nintendo’s share price is still up 53.1 percent this year, largely thanks to the incredible success of Niantic Labs’ Pokémon Go this summer. Pokémon Go remains one of the most downloaded games on the App Store and Google Play.

Nintendo did not announce a specific launch date for the Switch or how much it will cost. More information is expected to be released ahead of the console’s release in March 2017."

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Expected. HandHELP console is a novelty now a days. Home console is crowded. The way Switch is revealed it doesn't fall in any category. Plus everyone knows what will happen to third party developers. To be honest everything is uncertain now. Given that Nintendo being the oldest player of the market they might find a way to get market.

Won´t be as bad as WiiU but what will be though for them is having more costs for every single game. Cheap 3ds games won´t cut anymore. I´m sure 3ds kept them afloat this gen.
I suppose the smartphone games will serve that purpose now and that´s what is still keeping the stocks almost at the same pre-reveal level.

But I´m biased since I hate this hybrid idea.

This is like the third time someone made a thread on this......

Im impressed with how much you guys are following the Switch but.........

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Does this really have an impact on anything or anyone except shareholders?

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

No, this happens all the time, soon with super mario run the stock value is going to fly, then they will drop, then fly, etc etc

That's not that concerning really. I think we need kowenicki's input to get a better idea about it.

Its a tablet with a docking station obviously its not a "pokémon go" moment nintendo needs to prove the product and interest first, Japan will explode for it so that might help

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Do not forget stock was balloned because of Pokemon Go and Mario Run, people are cashing in the profits before the hard work begins for Nintendo.
We all know console launch windows are a time of great struggle for a company: they have to negotiate games with devs, sometimes even finance a bunch, get the stocks ready, create the distribution network for the new product and, specially, burn tons of fat into marketing resources.
We will see all of this turning into healthy, real and honest growth in 2017, but till then, the stocks are at mercy of the mobile moves and especulators looking for a easy buck.

Also, the non believers are a everpresent factor, they were there with the Wii (they were wrong) and the WiiU (they were right).
Time will tell.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

KLXVER said:

Not really, and 7.3 percent isn't that big of a drop either. All in all, Nintendo shares are doing well, especially after they showed willingness to enter the mobile market, where the profit margins are off the charts compared to software and peripherals for static devices.