By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WSJ: Switch Fails To Turn On Investors

Don't shares ofter drop after an announcment?

Investors on Friday shrugged off the announcement, sending the company’s share price down 6.5%.

Some investors blamed a lack of surprise in the announcement for the lukewarm market response, saying the company raised high expectations by withholding details about the hardware for more than a year.

Nintendo hinted it still has unannounced surprises up its sleeve. “We haven’t shown everything,” a Nintendo spokesman said, adding the company would provide additional information about the Switch next year, before its scheduled launch in March.

Piers Harding-Rolls, head of games research at IHS, said extensive third-party support, along with a price tag below $300, would be key for the console to be a much-needed success for Nintendo.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendos-new-switch-console-fails-to-turn-on-investors-1477034448

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Investors are always nervious and tend to jump the gun. Do you remember how high Nintendo's shares became with Pokemon Go until Nintendo said "most of the money it's making is not going to us"? Why would you buy thousands or millions of dollars in shares if you don't analize every aspect of that decision?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Well, the Smart Toaster segment has not had large success to date, but long term trends indicate positive future.

If switch i capable of playing Android or IOS games, maybe the controller parts could be used on a regular smartphone too. Nintendo could go full mobile this way by releasing all their games for regular smartphones which would make investors and gamers more than happy. The switch OS will likely be based on one of those two operating systems, else they couldn't have shown Skyrim or advertise with Dena, which is a mobile only company.

A real Mario or Zelda on Iphone would sell out everything ans Nintendo shares could skyrocket.

GribbleGrunger said:

Don't shares ofter drop after an announcment?

Investors on Friday shrugged off the announcement, sending the company’s share price down 6.5%.

Some investors blamed a lack of surprise in the announcement for the lukewarm market response, saying the company raised high expectations by withholding details about the hardware for more than a year.

At least investors shares my feelings.

Around the Network

Most investors are idiots anyway.

Eh, irrelevant. We'll just have to see how the Switch performs in it's first year.

I am looking for an announcement about a 4G model before I get excited for the device. If this is a Wifi only mobile, then it is not going to light up the market, and could very well be the end of Nintendo in the hardware business.

The preview today has me interested. However, I am very scared that they will continue to disregard the consumers desire to be connected. If this is the case, the device holds no future, and if they plan to go the direction of apple/android, then I see Nintendo being in a very, very bad situation in the next 5 years.

All I can continue to say, is, for the sake of Nintendo, and serious gamers I hope they offer a connected version of the Switch.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Investors don;t like rists and this is deffenitely a bold move/console by nintendo and most investors will wait till its to late to invest in something great, but they might be right obviously only time will tell

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Nothing new