By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Trailer analyses, every detail we have missed

I think there is a fan inside the docking station!

It blows air up inside from the buttom of the tablet, and straight through it and out the air vents on the top.

Then it clocks up the cpu+gpu when its docked (or down clocks them when its not, depending on if your glass half full or not type).

Anyone else think so?

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
"Headphone Jack, not enough courage"

LOL

lol have not noticed it before

i am corious if the system has any touch controlls, the trailer didnt revealed anything but the screen looks like its a tablet

and the controller shell looks like it has a touch pad like the PS4

Ruler said:
there is also a share button

I think it's actually just a button the makers of the video aren't sure about what it does, but considering how popular the share options are with PS4/X1 it's very likely sth similar.

Great video. The Switch is a beautiful device. So slick, smooth and modern looking. Nobody can complain. This is the best of the best of technology and Apple level of design.

As an Elder Scrolls fan I also love that Skyrim got such an important part in the reveal. The game looks really good on the Switch and they were able to convey that "I wanna play that right now" feeling in the video when it came to Skyrim (and Zelda too), which is a really hard feeling to create and to come through with in these types of marketing videos. But they succeeded.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

It blows air up inside from the buttom of the tablet, and straight through it and out the air vents on the top.

Then it clocks up the cpu+gpu when its docked (or down clocks them when its not, depending on if your glass half full or not type).

Anyone else think so?

Does it need a fan? I mean the 3DS doesnt have one.

Great video indeed! I'm very happy my fear of the ZR/ZL button being placed like on the N3DS is dashed and that as a controller in portable form it's quality is that of traditional home console controllers. Also great that the pro controller has a normal D-Pad and can be used for off-TV play aswell.

KLXVER said:
JRPGfan said:

Anyone else think so?

Does it need a fan? I mean the 3DS doesnt have one.

This isnt just a tablet though...its also a home console.

I think it runs lower cpu+gpu clock speeds when its not docked, and then plays games at a smaller resolution, to save on battery life.

When its docked and battery life isnt a issue, and your playing on a big screen TV, it scales the resolution up so it looks better on the tv.

Does it need a fan? probably, if theres air vents, why not blow air through them? and take some free performance from just upping the clock rates of things.

*edit:

Also 3DS doesnt have air vents.

Nintendo Switch does have air vents.

There gotta be a fan somewhere... I think its inside the dock, instead of inside the tablet.

They better offer a controller wing with a REAL d-pad on it, I'm not cool with using C-buttons in lieu of an actual d-pad, nope. Especially no fucking way for fighting games.

Also that Switch Pro Controller is the most un-Nintendo thing, Nintendo has ever made possibly, lol. Looks exactly like a third party XBox pad or one of those third party iOS pads.

Nice video, thanks!

Mostly same stuff I noticed after watching video a few times as well. I wonder what's up with the markings on the pro controller, just design or ?

I like how it demonstrated:
1. quick transfer between portable and tv screens
2. seems simple to dock/exchange controllers
3. full 'normal' dual analog controls
4. hints at new games
5. hints at wiiu games, splatoon maybe or that is more likely a fully new game too as all others were
6. air vent suggest this is powerful as it requires significant capability to push out air