By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo, make the Switch BC with 3DS/DS games!

3DS games on a TV? That would look horrible because of the solution.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
LivingMetal said:

I love playing VITA games on my flat screen TV via PSTV.  I think Nintendo should immplement some way to play 3DS/DS games on a flat screen TV as well.  Use the smalll screen and the flat screen TV as dual screens.  Make it backwards compatible, Nintendo.

I don't really know if you would want to play DS/3DS games on a big screen, as with the Vita.
Vita games have higher resolution and quality, they fit way better on big screens, which may not be the case for DS and 3DS games, it can get pretty rough on a big screen.

Anyway, yeah, it should have at least 3DS compatibility, I don't see why not.

I've played PSP games on a big screen.  Pixelation.  I have played LoD via PS3 on a 55" TV.  Those pixels were almost as big as my thumbnail.  Doesn't bother me.  I know what I was getting into.

TallSilhouette said:
KLXVER said:
So are everyone assuming it has a touchscreen or has it been confirmed?

It MAY keep it for Wii U and tablet support, but the NS games we saw clearly didn't bother with it. With the detachable controllers and new Pro controller, it certainly doesn't seem to be essential.

Yeah this is why I feel it might not have a touchscreen which would be unfortunate but understandable. That might explain why Super Mario Maker was ported to the 3DS and not NS.

How are you going to play games using both screens though I don't think Switch has a touch screen either.

Darwinianevolution said:
KLXVER said:
So are everyone assuming it has a touchscreen or has it been confirmed?

Why would they abandon that concept? It's not like a touchscreen is impossible, but it will probably start to fade with time. Shame, I like the touchscreen features of the DS lineup.

It looks way too much like a tablet to not have a touchscreen. Also, I don't think that making it without touch is significantly cheaper. It may even be more expensive since a touch one may be re-used from an existing tablet so they get mass manufacturing.

Of course, it would be also a bit shocking since DS, 3DS and Wii U had touchscreens.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
But its going to only have 1 screen?

Would be nice if you could connect the controllers also in portrait mode for 3DS games... something like this:

But since that feature wasn't shown in the trailer, we'll probably miss out on 3DS compatibility :(

I thought the same thing when I saw the cartridges, haha. If they get around the dual screen part of all the 3DS/DS games, then that would be a pretty awesome function of the NS.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Conina said:
Jranation said:
But its going to only have 1 screen?

Would be nice if you could connect the controllers also in portrait mode for 3DS games... something like this:

But since that feature wasn't shown in the trailer, we'll probably miss out on 3DS compatibility :(

Oh!  That doesn't look bad at all

Pocky Lover Boy!